WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
These little birds are in a large display case (for lack of better words) at a nursing home. The residents love them! It's pretty cool they are able to see these treasures.

IMG_0538.JPG

IMG_0539.JPG

IMG_0540.JPG

IMG_0541.JPG

IMG_0543.JPG

IMG_0544.JPG

IMG_0545.JPG

IMG_0546.JPG

Thanks for looking.

WD

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a brilliant idea putting a display of live birds in a nursing home.

OP
OP
W

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other

I agree. Another one I visited had a golden retriever in a courtyard and the residents have a sunroom where they can watch him play. I think that type of therapy goes a long way.

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Great therapy idea that raises the spirit up. Very positive. Thanks for the photos Wrightdigger.

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
That first pic is AWESOME!! Those two peeking out of the nest...just perfect!

I used to go to a dentist back in Texas, and one side of the building was all windows. Patients could look out the windows (or ceiling.....just sayin') while dentist did his thing. Dentist liked birds, so the entire outside of the building was this huge birdhouse. It was really entertaining to watch them fluttering around so close. The whole thing must have been some 80' long, maybe more.

OP
OP
W

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other

I used to go to a dentist back in Texas, and one side of the building was all windows. Patients could look out the windows (or ceiling.....just sayin') while dentist did his thing. Dentist liked birds, so the entire outside of the building was this huge birdhouse. It was really entertaining to watch them fluttering around so close. The whole thing must have been some 80' long, maybe more.
It helps to focus on something else when the dentist is working on your teeth. The one I go to now plays videos of children's movies. My old one pasted comics and cartoons on the ceiling. I dare say those were not enough for me. One time he had to pull out the oxygen and call my hubby to come rescue me. Or maybe he was rescuing himself! :laughing9:

OP
OP
W

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other

Great therapy idea that raises the spirit up. Very positive. Thanks for the photos Wrightdigger.

Thank you, gentlemen.

fyrffytr1

Gold Member
Mar 5, 2010
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My first thought was that you had been to the home my mother-in-law was in but then I saw you are from Ohio so the pictures couldn't have been taken in Georgia. My mother-in-law is now in a home about 3 miles from where we live so my wife can take care of her. Once or twice a week my wife will take our Yorkie to the home and the residents and staff love to see him.

OP
OP
W

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
My first thought was that you had been to the home my mother-in-law was in but then I saw you are from Ohio so the pictures couldn't have been taken in Georgia. My mother-in-law is now in a home about 3 miles from where we live so my wife can take care of her. Once or twice a week my wife will take our Yorkie to the home and the residents and staff love to see him.

Yorkies are very lovable. It's good that your wife is able to visit and take care of her momma. Tis a hard season to go through.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread