Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: My first attempt with new camera

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    Charter Member

Dec 2012
    MXT-PRO Sandshark
    10522 times
    Metal Detecting
    tell him to give the old one to his groupie
    Wrightdigger likes this.
    WHEN WILL YOU SUBMIT TO MY BRILLIANCE AND IMPROVE YOUR LIFE?

Charter Member
    us
    Sis

Jun 2017
    Ohio
    AT MAX, Delta 4000
    9240 times
    While I enjoy reading about all the treasures, my main interest is digging up the history of my farm
    Quote Originally Posted by jeff-gordon View Post
    I cannot help with technology, I am proudly old school
    Do I still have to be nice? 'Cause I have a good one. Lol. Oh well.

John 15:12-13

12 My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you. 13 Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one’s life for one’s friends.

Charter Member
    us
    Sis

Jun 2017
    Ohio
    AT MAX, Delta 4000
    9240 times
    While I enjoy reading about all the treasures, my main interest is digging up the history of my farm
    tell him to give the old one to his groupie
    Hahaha!

12 My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you. 13 Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one’s life for one’s friends.

Charter Member

Dec 2012
    MXT-PRO Sandshark
    10522 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrightdigger View Post
    Do I still have to be nice? 'Cause I have a good one. Lol. Oh well.
    you don't have to be nice to me/ let er rip
    Wrightdigger likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    Sis

Jun 2017
    Ohio
    AT MAX, Delta 4000
    9240 times
    Oh no I can't, not after the groupie remark. Still laughing!

us
    Been there...Dug that

Mar 2015
    Northern Illinois
    MineLab E-Trac, MineLab Safari, MineLab Explorer XS, White's 5000 D, White's 6DB, White's 5000 D GEB Sunray X-1 for the ML's, Garrett PP for the White's and a Backhoe
    1232 times
    Metal Detecting
    I dunno if they still offer it, but Google had a free program called Picasa. I still use it cuz it's simple and does what I need done. I'm a die-hard SOOTC type...but I use it to straighten and crop. Once in a while, I'll play with the other tools on a shot. They also had ICE...for manipulating panoramic shots. I love playing with those. ICE was free too. If you dig, you might still be able to find/load those. 😁
    Wrightdigger likes this.
    "There's GOLD in them thar hills! Well...at least a coupla nice Mercs."

Charter Member
    us
    Sis

Jun 2017
    Ohio
    AT MAX, Delta 4000
    9240 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Ogre1190 View Post
    I dunno if they still offer it, but Google had a free program called Picasa. I still use it cuz it's simple and does what I need done. I'm a die-hard SOOTC type...but I use it to straighten and crop. Once in a while, I'll play with the other tools on a shot. They also had ICE...for manipulating panoramic shots. I love playing with those. ICE was free too. If you dig, you might still be able to find/load those. 
    Thank you, Ogre1190. I have a lot to check out with my new/used laptop.

Charter Member
    us
    Chris

May 2011
    Western Mass.
    Whites M-6 W/ DD6x10 SunRay DX-1 (A real sleeper)
    13556 times
    The one everybody else missed.
    My PC crashed on me and I was stranded for 5 days.What program do you down load your pics to?

GOD Bless

Chris
    Wrightdigger likes this.
    ​EVER WONDER WHERE YOUR THOUGHTS COME FROM ?

Anger is what keeps you emotionally lost in your head and blind to reality.

A lie doesn't become the truth just because people believe it.

​7 minutes could change your lif​e...
    http://antidoteforall.com/

Charter Member
    us
    Sis

Jun 2017
    Ohio
    AT MAX, Delta 4000
    9240 times
    Quote Originally Posted by worldtalker View Post
    My PC crashed on me and I was stranded for 5 days.What program do you down load your pics to?

GOD Bless

Chris
    I have an hp all in one with Windows 10. It's from 2000 or 2001, or something. I've had it cleaned up, but the thing is spastic and it's slower than when I had a Tandy with dial up! Most days it takes me two hours to post my thread with pics!
    Sometimes, I email my pics to my kindle, it's faster that way. But now the kindle is out of memory and has been crashing. There's no way to add memory to it.
    I'll have to wait and see what the laptop has. I don't have high hopes for it because it was crashing on Mr Wrightdigger, which is why he got a new one. But it was crashing from a program for plans and drawings. If I clean that off, it might be able to handle photos. But IDK I'll be struggling with the working memory issue.

us
    Tribal Member of United Houma Nation -

Sep 2011
    Southeast Arkansas
    Ace 250
    4826 times
    Cache Hunting
    I've been trying to pay attention to your mini lessons. I think the best thing you said was to just experiment. I'm a hands on learner at the school of hard knocks. Lol! I'm bookmarking your threads so I can find them easier!
    BTW could you erase the lines for real? The electric company wouldn't budge on that one! The good thing about them, though, is we get a front row seat watching the king Fisher. He's all over those lines!
    If you get photoshop or one of its clones, youtube has some excellent tutors --- Blake Rudis (f64 Academy) and Unmesh Dinda (Piximperfect --- yep, the before/after will drive you crazy, but he's a good teacher) as well as some others that just want to show you pics of women in various states of undress. Have no use for the latter, but those two tutors have greatly increased my knowledge of photo editing.

Blake charges for his courses, but has some online tutorials which are free on youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCt...ZNFxz_d4hCKxgA.

Unmesh (the u is silent) provides free tutorials and actually posts more frequently and with more variety --- just ignore the unibrow and you'll enjoy his teaching method. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMr...AImCHMOhX88PYQ

Be well.
    Wrightdigger likes this.
    “The shrewd one sees the danger and conceals himself, but the inexperienced keep right on going and suffer the consequences." - Proverbs 22:3

A few of my favorite pix: https://www.500px.com/ccjr221

Charter Member
    us
    Sis

Jun 2017
    Ohio
    AT MAX, Delta 4000
    9240 times
    Thanks Chadeaux

ca
    Feb 2009
    Deus, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
    16295 times
    Relic Hunting
    My son-in-law is really pushing Mac. I want to see them before I buy. The Apple store is too far away. I was talking to Mr Wrightdigger about it. He thinks I've got enough new stuff. Lol! He's bringing home his old shop laptop and see if it will work.
    You won't go back after having a Mac.

BTW Nice pics.
    Wrightdigger likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    Sis

Jun 2017
    Ohio
    AT MAX, Delta 4000
    9240 times
    Quote Originally Posted by pepperj View Post
    You won't go back after having a Mac.

BTW Nice pics.
    Lol. That's what I hear. Son-in-law says it's soooo much easier. But alas, I'm going to get the hand-me-down, that is if he ever remembers to bring it home.

Thanks.

Charter Member

Dec 2012
    MXT-PRO Sandshark
    10522 times
    Metal Detecting
    I'm thinking of getting an ipad
    tell me what I ought to know
    Wrightdigger likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    Sis

Jun 2017
    Ohio
    AT MAX, Delta 4000
    9240 times
    I'm thinking of getting an ipad
    tell me what I ought to know
    Well, sir, I don't know much. That's kind of why I wanted to get hands on demonstration. I know he said something's are on the opposite side of the screen than what Windows has. And that for window users, it just takes some getting used to. He showed me how easy it was to pick up pics and start editing them, but there's no way I could begin to explain it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links