Mar 31, 2015
Northern Illinois
Detector(s) used
MineLab E-Trac, MineLab Safari, MineLab Explorer XS,
White's 5000 D, White's 6DB, White's 5000 D GEB
Sunray X-1 for the ML's, Garrett PP for the White's and a Backhoe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I dunno if they still offer it, but Google had a free program called Picasa. I still use it cuz it's simple and does what I need done. I'm a die-hard SOOTC type...but I use it to straighten and crop. Once in a while, I'll play with the other tools on a shot. They also had ICE...for manipulating panoramic shots. I love playing with those. ICE was free too. If you dig, you might still be able to find/load those. 😁

OP
OP
W

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
I dunno if they still offer it, but Google had a free program called Picasa. I still use it cuz it's simple and does what I need done. I'm a die-hard SOOTC type...but I use it to straighten and crop. Once in a while, I'll play with the other tools on a shot. They also had ICE...for manipulating panoramic shots. I love playing with those. ICE was free too. If you dig, you might still be able to find/load those. 
Thank you, Ogre1190. I have a lot to check out with my new/used laptop.

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
My PC crashed on me and I was stranded for 5 days.What program do you down load your pics to?

GOD Bless

Chris

OP
OP
W

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
My PC crashed on me and I was stranded for 5 days.What program do you down load your pics to?

GOD Bless

Chris

I have an hp all in one with Windows 10. It's from 2000 or 2001, or something. I've had it cleaned up, but the thing is spastic and it's slower than when I had a Tandy with dial up! Most days it takes me two hours to post my thread with pics!
Sometimes, I email my pics to my kindle, it's faster that way. But now the kindle is out of memory and has been crashing. There's no way to add memory to it.
I'll have to wait and see what the laptop has. I don't have high hopes for it because it was crashing on Mr Wrightdigger, which is why he got a new one. But it was crashing from a program for plans and drawings. If I clean that off, it might be able to handle photos. But IDK I'll be struggling with the working memory issue.

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I've been trying to pay attention to your mini lessons. I think the best thing you said was to just experiment. I'm a hands on learner at the school of hard knocks. Lol! I'm bookmarking your threads so I can find them easier!
BTW could you erase the lines for real? The electric company wouldn't budge on that one! The good thing about them, though, is we get a front row seat watching the king Fisher. He's all over those lines!

If you get photoshop or one of its clones, youtube has some excellent tutors --- Blake Rudis (f64 Academy) and Unmesh Dinda (Piximperfect --- yep, the before/after will drive you crazy, but he's a good teacher) as well as some others that just want to show you pics of women in various states of undress. Have no use for the latter, but those two tutors have greatly increased my knowledge of photo editing.

Blake charges for his courses, but has some online tutorials which are free on youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCtxWq6RSZNFxz_d4hCKxgA.

Unmesh (the u is silent) provides free tutorials and actually posts more frequently and with more variety --- just ignore the unibrow and you'll enjoy his teaching method. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMrvLMUITAImCHMOhX88PYQ

Be well.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
My son-in-law is really pushing Mac. I want to see them before I buy. The Apple store is too far away. I was talking to Mr Wrightdigger about it. He thinks I've got enough new stuff. Lol! He's bringing home his old shop laptop and see if it will work.

You won't go back after having a Mac.

BTW Nice pics.

OP
OP
W

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
You won't go back after having a Mac.

BTW Nice pics.
Lol. That's what I hear. Son-in-law says it's soooo much easier. But alas, I'm going to get the hand-me-down, that is if he ever remembers to bring it home.

Thanks.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm thinking of getting an ipad
tell me what I ought to know

OP
OP
W

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm thinking of getting an ipad
tell me what I ought to know

Well, sir, I don't know much. That's kind of why I wanted to get hands on demonstration. I know he said something's are on the opposite side of the screen than what Windows has. And that for window users, it just takes some getting used to. He showed me how easy it was to pick up pics and start editing them, but there's no way I could begin to explain it.

OP
OP
W

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Do you have an Apple store or best buy near you?

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
yeah, but I want real opinions, not salespeople

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well, sir, I don't know much. That's kind of why I wanted to get hands on demonstration. I know he said something's are on the opposite side of the screen than what Windows has. And that for window users, it just takes some getting used to. He showed me how easy it was to pick up pics and start editing them, but there's no way I could begin to explain it.

first off, you don't have to call me Sir in public ( we went over that)
second, someone will chime in with their experience

OP
OP
W

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
yeah, but I want real opinions, not salespeople
I'll text him and see what he has. It may take a while, my phones dead(typical for me), plus its Friday night.
Maybe some other users will chime in too.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread