Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Beautiful dog !

Thanks Gary

He's 3 1/2 yrs old now, needs a good 1 hr of hard playing to settle the drive down. Gentle as a lamb with us and loves people and other things. His barking can be a little intimidating to some.:)

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
What's his name? My brother had one when we were kids. A very protective dog. Parents had to lock him up when they needed to discipline my brother. His name was Buddy.

OP
OP
pepperj

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
What's his name? My brother had one when we were kids. A very protective dog. Parents had to lock him up when they needed to discipline my brother. His name was Buddy.

Max for short

Maxwell Dallas Von Ardian

OP
OP
pepperj

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Max sounds strong
Dallas Was my brother's King GSD and then I had the first son which took 8 yrs of breeding 6 females to get a male. Grew into a 155lb silver with a black saddle King GSD
Von For entilement
Ardian for the breeder

OP
OP
pepperj

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Brother had to get rid of the dog as it snapped the neighbors little dog neck. In the defense of the GSD the little dog had lifted it's leg on Dallas's head the week before. Little dog came over, big dog calmly took by the head shook it, and walked over and deposited back on the steps of the neighbor's house.
He was given to a auto wrecker as a watch dog. After 6 or 7 yrs later we got a call that a male pup had been born.

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Well that's quite a story. We had a pug that always thought he needed to establish his alpha dogness. I had to save his rear at the vets once.

OP
OP
pepperj

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Well that's quite a story. We had a pug that always thought he needed to establish his alpha dogness. I had to save his rear at the vets once.

Three of us watched the scene play out, and just knew when it happened that the dog's days was numbered for a family pet. I guess the Chihuahua was really no match for the 150 lb GSD.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I saved the life of a chihuahua once. I took my foot off it's neck and pulled it out of the toilet

Ogre1190

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2015
Northern Illinois
Detector(s) used
MineLab E-Trac, MineLab Safari, MineLab Explorer XS,
White's 5000 D, White's 6DB, White's 5000 D GEB
Sunray X-1 for the ML's, Garrett PP for the White's and a Backhoe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Gorgeous Dog! Our GSDs LIVED for winter. Mom swore they were half Husky. 😂

OP
OP
pepperj

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Gorgeous Dog! Our GSDs LIVED for winter. Mom swore they were half Husky. 

Here he is at 6 months old not quite understanding hand/sign language. Still 3 yrs later he'll tilt his head when he's trying to understand something new.

P1010491.jpg

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I saved the life of a chihuahua once. I took my foot off it's neck and pulled it out of the toilet

I saved one before too. Instead of killing Pocco, I shoved him out the door and then chased him off the porch. His yapping caught the attentions of a large female red-tailed hawk.

She took him out to dinner, and he never came back. Brother-in-law said he got his "just desserts", or maybe he said Pocco was just dessert.

OP
OP
pepperj

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I saved one before too. Instead of killing Pocco, I shoved him out the door and then chased him off the porch. His yapping caught the attentions of a large female red-tailed hawk.

She took him out to dinner, and he never came back. Brother-in-law said he got his "just desserts", or maybe he said Pocco was just dessert.

Big birds of prey seem to like the little family pets.
Had an Eagle or a big Owl rip the hide right off the old Tom Cat back 50 yrs ago, we found him 3 days later in the back of the wood shed.
After a reattachment of his hide and a 5 day stay at the vets all was well.
The vet figured the only thing that saved the cat's life was his 21 pounds so the bird couldn't lift him off.
Every time a large eagle would soar over he'd take the quickest route to the back door. :laughing7:

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Had an Eagle or a big Owl rip the hide right off the old Tom Cat back 50 yrs ago, we found him 3 days later in the back of the wood shed.
The vet figured the only thing that saved the cat's life was his 21 pounds so the bird couldn't lift him off.
Every time a large eagle would soar over he'd take the quickest route to the back door. :laughing7:

how many lives did he go through? That was definitely one.

OP
OP
pepperj

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
how many lives did he go through? That was definitely one.

That was worse scrap, just a big old tabby that was Alpha. Lived until he was 16yrs old, slept with the king shep. on the steps or in the dog house when outside.

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting

Ah, maybe my kitty Tigger will be safe ... he's only a svelte 25 pounds, but looks a bit bigger.

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Who's a beautiful boy, who's a beautiful boy... you are Max! :laughing7:

Dave