Coal black GSD.

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
This dog belongs to my granddaughter. The picture is father and daughter. Puppy is 4 months old, and doesn't have a white hair on her. Mother is same coloration as the father.

iRyder and pupA.jpg
This is a first for me. Didn't know German Sheppards have a black phase.

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Possibly a melanistic trait in the genes?

Jim in Idaho

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2012
Blackfoot, Idaho
Detector(s) used
White's GM2, GM3, DFX, Coinmaster, TDI-SL, GM24K, Falcon MD20, old Garrett Masterhunter BFO
'Way Too Cool' dual 18 Watt UV light
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Great-looking dogs, both!
Jim

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Beautiful dogs!

I found this information:

Genetics Of The Black German Shepherd
The black coat gene color can either be dominant or recessive. This means that there is a possibility that a German Shepherd that is not all black can hold the gene and produce solid black German Shepherd pups. If you are interested in breeding your Black GSD, you should inquire about your dog’s ancestry and blood line. A German Shepherd’s coat color can be determined as early as seven to eight weeks old.

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
German Shepherds are an amazing companion. Mine was 126# and all white, my son's was the "traditional" color. I had wanted to get a pure black one to go with my white one, but he passed from a terrible disease called "Degenerative Myelopathy". My son's German Shepherd had this disease also and she too passed. Neither of these two were even remotely related. It was extremely sad. I wish your's a healthy and full life . :notworthy:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions