WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Wow what a day! We started out pulling fallen trees and cutting them up and moving them either to a burn pile or just out of the way. I found and interesting piece that looks like it may have been started to be turned into something and then maybe broke and discarded. It was in the creek, which would have been just a ravine back in the day, IDK, I'm a dreamer.

View attachment DSCN0518.JPG

Then the chainsaw broke, so we drove around picking up rocks from the farm field and I found the hunk of flint.

View attachment DSCN0515.JPG

Then we noticed our BFF's were on their property and my girl was detecting. So, I helped her out and let her use my pinpointer. And we dirt fished for a while. Found our usual rusty fence and nails, plus a modern bullet.

View attachment DSCN0521.JPG View attachment DSCN0520.JPG

We were pretty tired, and we decided to try and take some photos. Now they have this huge cottonwood tree on their property that we have named the Keebler Tree. Elves could definitely make a house out of it.

View attachment DSCN0522.JPG

View attachment DSCN0523.JPG

View attachment DSCN0526.JPG

We ended our evening sitting around a fire eating grilled pork loin, asparagus, fire baked potatoes and baked beans. It was an awesome spring day!

Thanks for looking!

OP
OP
W

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm not liking the gimp photo editing program. It's too complicated for me. The Nikon program will not download to the used laptop I have. I suspect it's because Windows10 is not on it. So, I'm back to emailing pics to myself and waiting for them to download on the overloaded kindle and use the photo editor app on it. Here is one before and after pic.

View attachment DSCN0532.JPG

View attachment IMG_20180319_112649.jpg

I will work on more later. Time for work. :censored:

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Don't know about your area of the country, but a Cottonwood that
size should have morels popping up underneath it about now...:occasion14:

OP
OP
W

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Don't know about your area of the country, but a Cottonwood that
size should have morels popping up underneath it about now...:occasion14:

Typically they are found mid April to Mid May. A few years ago, there were a lot found on our property. We haven't found any since. But I keep looking!

OP
OP
W

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
So, I had caught an elf relaxing under this tree. I wanted to protect her identity. I spent hours this morning using the gmp program and this is the best I got.

HUH! Well, I guess I need to work on it some more because it is not in a format that I can post! :BangHead:

I think I'm going to have to go to school for this.

Give me a minute and I will log on with the kindle and show you what I did with the elf.

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
We ended our evening sitting around a fire eating grilled pork loin, asparagus, fire baked potatoes and baked beans. It was an awesome spring day!

Thanks for looking!

Setting around the fire eating baked beans..you mean like this?

Sorry(snicker snicker) just couldn't help myself.

OP
OP
W

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
:sign10: You ain't right!

Actually, I guess that is TMB.

Last edited:
OP
OP
W

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Last edited:

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Lol. Worldtalker, you should send Jeff-Gordon a friend request for giving you a heads up. I've threatened to grab him by the ear and give him a "what for" already. :violent1:

I will quietly back away then..

tenor.gif

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread