Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gotcha! I had about 10" last night, snowing again but it's finer.

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
3-20a.jpg Yeah buddy spring here in the mountains, too! It's ok, cause we don't really expect much spring like weather til about the first of June anyway.

OP
OP
W

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
I caught this little guy getting a cool drink. I have no idea what kind of bird it is. Feel free to educate.

AEC00F25-CCFE-4BBB-8EE1-CC0257025238.jpeg

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
So, it's also called a killdeer?

Dang girl..I sat here for 20 minutes and couldn't recall the name,2016 & 17 I saw many families raised down the meadows mowing.

K1600_DSCN2167.JPG

This is the "broken wing" she distracts with to lure predators away from her nest..

K1600_DSCN2143.JPG

Within hours of hatch they are up and running..

DSCN2150.JPG

I out run them..:laughing7:

DSCN3161.JPG

OP
OP
W

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Dang girl..I sat here for 20 minutes and couldn't recall the name,2016 & 17 I saw many families raised down the meadows mowing.

View attachment 1567428

This is the "broken wing" she distracts with to lure predators away from her nest..

View attachment 1567429

Within hours of hatch they are up and running..

View attachment 1567430

I out run them..:laughing7:

View attachment 1567431

Lol! All I did was search what you told me to. I know what they sound like and I know what they look like flying, but I never saw a close up of one. Yeah I like the B700!

I (we) have been faked out by the injured wing trick! Neat way they have of protecting the eggs. We've also been dive bombed when we accidentally got too close. Never seen the babies. They're cute.

Last edited:

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Lol! All I did was search what you told me to. I know what they sound like and I know what they look like flying, but I never saw a close up of one. Yeah I like the B700!

I (we) have been faked out by the injured wing trick! Neat way they have of protecting the eggs. We've also been dive bombed when we accidentally got too close. Never seen the babies. They're cute.

This one is hours old..

DSCN2150.JPG

OP
OP
W

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
AW! Cute.

So, do you use a tripod? Or is your hand that steady?
I'm thinking of setting up the tripod in the basement at the door. I'm not sure of the range I'll get. But my hand is not steady. I took a plethora of shots yesterday. All but one came out blurry.

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
AW! Cute.

I'm thinking of setting up the tripod in the basement at the door. I'm not sure of the range I'll get. But my hand is not steady. I took a plethora of shots yesterday. All but one came out blurry.

Never used one,I have 3 for my Canon AE1 and that sets in the closet. Go to page 167 in your manual and set VR mode to active,that should take care of camera shake. The more you use it the more you will like it.

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
AW! Cute.

What program do you upload your pics to?

OP
OP
W

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
What program do you upload your pics to?

I’m still struggling with that. The program in the book won’t download on the used laptop. I did get gimp2 on the laptop but I’m not very good with that program. I was able to get SnapBridge on my phone. That’s the easiest way to post at the moment, but there’s not much editing. If I want to edit I email it to myself and then download it to my kindle and use the photo editor app.

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
I had Windows Photo Gallery until my pc kept crashing on me,I had windows 7 reloaded now it's no longer available. Now I have inPixio Photo Clip 8 Pro,and yes those programs can be a bit :tongue3:. Practice makes perfect though.:laughing7:

GOD Bless

Chris

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread