WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
On the way home from our granddaughter's Birthday party, my husband spied four deer walking through a field. I said, "ooh! There's a photo op!" He asked me if I wanted him to pull over. Well yeah! He's kind of been getting into this new photo hobby. He's been giving me projects to photograph. So he pulls in to this drive real slow and starts coaching me on how to open the door and to keep my movements as slow and little as possible. I couldn't get all four of them in the shot. The first one was way out ahead of the others. But I got a few singles and then three of them together.

Deer1.JPG

Deer2.JPG

deer3.JPG

deer4.JPG

deer5.JPG

Thanks for looking!

~Sis

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Sis

1..How far away were they?

2..What is your Mode Dial set at?

3..Is your Vibration Reduction on?

GOD Bless

Chris

OP
OP
W

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
1. Lol. I can't judge distances.I had to ask. Mr. WD said it was 110-125 yrds, maybe a little further.

2. I had it on auto mode. I still can figure these modes out. :BangHead: I really need to read the manual.

3. No, I have not figured out how to set the vibration reduction. See answer #2.

I took a walk tonight and ran the battery down. I came in and my charger plug is no where to be found. I bet I lost it when I went up to the lake last weekend. I guess I'm going to Staples tomorrow. :angry3:

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
1. Lol. I can't judge distances.I had to ask. Mr. WD said it was 110-125 yrds, maybe a little further.

2. I had it on auto mode. I still can figure these modes out. :BangHead: I really need to read the manual.

3. No, I have not figured out how to set the vibration reduction. See answer #2.

I took a walk tonight and ran the battery down. I came in and my charger plug is no where to be found. I bet I lost it when I went up to the lake last weekend. I guess I'm going to Staples tomorrow. :angry3:

I shoot in "P' mode,I suspect you may not have vibration reduction on.

Don't try to absorb all the information at once from the manual,it can leave you more dumbfounded than before you started.

dsdigger

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2017
Shenandoah Valley, VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Whites MX Sport, Whites Coinmaster, Minelab Explorer XS, Kellyco Vulcan 360, Lesche Digger, Rattler headphone, Park Ranger Bag by "Freeloader"
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
worldtalker is likely correct in that you do not have the vibration reduction or image stabilization on. It is a feature that you normally set in the setting of the camera than can go back to the menu and quick turn on/off depending on the pictures you are taking. Note that once it starts toward lower light, even image stabilization does not help as much as you still have the issue with light levels and then shutter speeds. Yes, I spent a lot of time messing with cameras and film, digital is more forgiving as you can erase bad shots and go right on shooting. An optical zoom is always better than a digital zoom as that is just manipulating the pixels and making the picture grainy and less steady. Adding the flash may help if the subject is close and does not spook at the flash but most camera flashes are good for 8 to 10feet out then you need and add-on power flash unit or external flash. If not using a DSLR and removable lenses and taking lots of pics for detail or a profession. Save the money, read the manual and learn the camera, limitations just like a detector and use the best you can. A small tripod or Gorilla pod that grips to irregular shapes and surfaces may help and steady shots. I use open car doors, hoods, sides of buildings to steady my shots where the stabilization is at it's limit and I do not want to use flash. I thought your pics were good and you could edit on a computer and do clean up on a photo program or app if your really felt you needed to.

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
worldtalker is likely correct in that you do not have the vibration reduction or image stabilization on. It is a feature that you normally set in the setting of the camera than can go back to the menu and quick turn on/off depending on the pictures you are taking. Note that once it starts toward lower light, even image stabilization does not help as much as you still have the issue with light levels and then shutter speeds. Yes, I spent a lot of time messing with cameras and film, digital is more forgiving as you can erase bad shots and go right on shooting. An optical zoom is always better than a digital zoom as that is just manipulating the pixels and making the picture grainy and less steady. Adding the flash may help if the subject is close and does not spook at the flash but most camera flashes are good for 8 to 10feet out then you need and add-on power flash unit or external flash. If not using a DSLR and removable lenses and taking lots of pics for detail or a profession. Save the money, read the manual and learn the camera, limitations just like a detector and use the best you can. A small tripod or Gorilla pod that grips to irregular shapes and surfaces may help and steady shots. I use open car doors, hoods, sides of buildings to steady my shots where the stabilization is at it's limit and I do not want to use flash. I thought your pics were good and you could edit on a computer and do clean up on a photo program or app if your really felt you needed to.

I was a 35 mm die hard film man..till I picked up a digital,now my AE1 sets in the closet.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread