Kray Gelder

Gold Member
Feb 24, 2017
Georgetown, SC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Perusing my photo file, and ran across Lola Mae, a cat that adopted us years ago as a barely weaned kitten stray. She was a good cat. Thanks for looking. 0181-8x10.JPG

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
I was born a cat guy, there have been many along the way. Here's my current supervisor:

my buddy.JPG

I'm sorry for your loss. It hurts losing friends.

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
That's a beautiful picture to remember her by. Pets are so precious but it is really hard when they pass. Our last pets were Milo and Otis, just like the movie. They acted like the characters, too!

10_d_1192_0_TheAdventuresOfMiloAndOtis.jpg

Milo got that cancer that cats get when they are given rabies shots. It was horrible. We had to have him put to sleep. Otis, believe it or not, was the one with nine lives. That dog pushed his luck! One time he got internal wounds from a bigger dog. After his surgery, my daughter and I put a mattress down in the laundry room and slept with him for weeks. He ended up living to 21/22 yrs. Just buried him last year.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I currently have five, two are from my daughter and are old. The one can barely walk due to the diabetes but he seems to really like his life here. (Diabetic Neuropathy.) The other one I got from my daughter is Tiger Lily, and she's just plain fat, but has lost a lot of weight in the last 6 months but is still a butterball.

The other three are Dusty the Jealous, Lil'while the 28 pound Maine Coon and Smoke the one who "owns" me.

Scrambles the Wonder Chicken is the alpha. I don't dare let her in with the cats, she'd hurt them.

OP
OP
Kray Gelder

Kray Gelder

Gold Member
Feb 24, 2017
Georgetown, SC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I currently have five, two are from my daughter and are old. The one can barely walk due to the diabetes but he seems to really like his life here. (Diabetic Neuropathy.) The other one I got from my daughter is Tiger Lily, and she's just plain fat, but has lost a lot of weight in the last 6 months but is still a butterball.

The other three are Dusty the Jealous, Lil'while the 28 pound Maine Coon and Smoke the one who "owns" me.

Scrambles the Wonder Chicken is the alpha. I don't dare let her in with the cats, she'd hurt them.

Lola Mae tragically was run over and killed by someone when she was only about two years old. We had a pair of cats after her, then for some reason I developed a deathly allergy to them, and we gave them to friends with acreage. Now, when I enter a home with cats, very shortly breathing becomes difficult. Very strange, I don't even have to see a cat to know there's one around. We just have a small rescue dog now, a twenty pounder that believes he is a bad 100 pound guard dog.

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Lola Mae tragically was run over and killed by someone when she was only about two years old. We had a pair of cats after her, then for some reason I developed a deathly allergy to them, and we gave them to friends with acreage. Now, when I enter a home with cats, very shortly breathing becomes difficult. Very strange, I don't even have to see a cat to know there's one around. We just have a small rescue dog now, a twenty pounder that believes he is a bad 100 pound guard dog.

I was told that your chemical balance changes approximately every seven years and that's why you become allergic to things that you were never allergic to before. I, too, developed allergies to cats and also poison ivy and tree pollen, the list goes on. Cat dander is supposed to be the numero uno allergen (according to a doctor).

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
While out detecting last July, I saw what I thought was a squirrel sitting in the middle of the road. I went over the top of it at 50 MPH! When I got really close, I could see that it was a little gray kitten.

Stupid me slammed on the brakes, hopped out and ran through the traffic to save the little rascal. I could not locate the mother cat, and I couldn't just leave the kitten on the side of the road, so into the truck she went. Here she is in the console cubby hole.

She is 10 months old now, and happy and healthy in my house. There is a sucker born every minute!

Attachments

• Kitty2.jpg
    Kitty2.jpg
    703.5 KB · Views: 43
OP
OP
Kray Gelder

Kray Gelder

Gold Member
Feb 24, 2017
Georgetown, SC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nothing like a kitten in distress to melt the hardest heart. Well done Tom!

OP
OP
Kray Gelder

Kray Gelder

Gold Member
Feb 24, 2017
Georgetown, SC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I was told that your chemical balance changes approximately every seven years and that's why you become allergic to things that you were never allergic to before. I, too, developed allergies to cats and also poison ivy and tree pollen, the list goes on. Cat dander is supposed to be the numero uno allergen (according to a doctor).

Yup. Funny, like the CAT ALLERGY on/off switch got flipped. And surprisingly severe allergy it is. It's a real "do I go to the E.R."? moment. I was around dogs and cats from day one. Maybe I hit my quota.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just got home from a week on the road and found this in the bathroom downstairs. I'd say the cat left to me by my youngest daughter is a jerk. If he didn't keep the house free of mice, my wife would surely take him for a ride. So he's good to stay as my wife is terribly freaked out by mice and as long as the cat leaves her alone she'll put up with him. I'm the only he likes and when my daughter comes home now, he could care less about her anymore. I think he feels abandoned by her and when she moved she got two more cats. They used to be like peas in a pod, but not anymore.

Attachments

• IMG_20180413_160733579.jpg
    IMG_20180413_160733579.jpg
    512.3 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_20171228_150115331.jpg
    IMG_20171228_150115331.jpg
    770.9 KB · Views: 50

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a lot of allergies, mainly to man made chemicals and sulfur. The now 15 year old blood tests say I'm allergic to cats. Well, sometimes they sit in my face and there's no problem and I'm not on any antihistamine. If I ever become allergic to cats, I don't think it would be good for my mental health, as I would be then home alone.

OP
OP
Kray Gelder

Kray Gelder

Gold Member
Feb 24, 2017
Georgetown, SC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
LOL Tamrock. They do have their moments. They will sit stone still and study you, or maybe that's just giving you the stink-eye.

OP
OP
Kray Gelder

Kray Gelder

Gold Member
Feb 24, 2017
Georgetown, SC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have a lot of allergies, mainly to man made chemicals and sulfur. The now 15 year old blood tests say I'm allergic to cats. Well, sometimes they sit in my face and there's no problem and I'm not on any antihistamine. If I ever become allergic to cats, I don't think it would be good for my mental health, as I would be then home alone.

Great companions. Five cats though. Boy, some maintenance there you can't let go too long.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread