Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pretty windy today so most of the wildlife is laying down, but saw one solitary antelope way off. Spotted what I thought was a mining pit which I thought was unusual in a shale formation, checked it out and it was an old dugout. There's also prehistoric pit houses in this area but this ain't one of them. These are all along Trough Road from about Yarmony on over to State Bridge.

Attachments

• 4-17a.jpg
    4-17a.jpg
    140.2 KB · Views: 71
  • 4-17b.jpg
    4-17b.jpg
    166 KB · Views: 65
  • 4-17c.jpg
    4-17c.jpg
    156.1 KB · Views: 59
  • 4-17d.jpg
    4-17d.jpg
    160.3 KB · Views: 55
  • 4-17e.jpg
    4-17e.jpg
    116.3 KB · Views: 61

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've only been over there a few times and never really realized I'm looking at the Colorado River. How long does it take you from Frisco to get over there?

OP
OP
RGINN

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh from here you go up north through Silverthorne on SH 9 about 38 miles to that Trough Road turnoff. Then from there it's about 12 miles on over to State Bridge. So about an hour and a half you can be from here to State Bridge unless you drive like me. If I ain't goin nowhere in particular, I will stop and walk off to look at a rock that's caught my attention out in the field. Or if I see a side road that looks interesting. That's why I always leave early to go someplace, so I got time to check things out.

darknessBETRAYED

Tenderfoot
Jun 27, 2014
Grand Junction, CO.
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I’ve been over that road quite a few times but only for work. I have never seen the pit houses, I will have to pay more attention the next time I go through there.

OP
OP
RGINN

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I’ve been over that road quite a few times but only for work. I have never seen the pit houses, I will have to pay more attention the next time I go through there.
There's only one by Yarmony that's been excavated and you don't see it. I'm not sure of the exact location of that one. There's a few more spots through there that probably are, but I don't mess with them. Welcome to the forum.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread