WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Yes, I have two black thumbs. I gave up on flower gardens years ago. And a vegetable garden here is just deer food. So, I have rocks. I thought maybe Chadeaux could share with his wife. She might like them. Mr WD used his tractor bucket to fill quite a bit of the front garden and all of the big rocks. The rest I moved by 5 gallon buckets, garden trailer and the ranger. Still have one whole side and a partial side of the house to do. All of these rocks are from our land.

DSCN1226.JPG DSCN1227-2.JPG DSCN1228.JPG DSCN1237-2.jpg DSCN1239.JPG

DSCN1238.JPG This picture does not do justice to the big rock in the center. It has deep reds and purples and is all sparkley. I think it is calcite???

DSCN1240.JPG

DSCN1241.JPG This is the very first one I did. I picked all the coolest rocks by hand and placed them. What I discovered was, if they are all special, you can't tell. You need plain rocks for contrast. Sorry, I forgot to get the lanterns out before the pic.

DSCN1242.JPG

DSCN1229.JPG boot.JPG This one reminds me of a baby's shoe.

DSCN1231.JPG I would love to see what she could create out of this one.
DSCN1233.JPG As you can see, I can't even keep the weeds out of this garden.

DSCN1234.JPG I see a hand

DSCN1236.JPG DSCN1223.JPG A couple hearts

DSCN1243.JPG I see a lamb sitting on this rock

DSCN1225.JPG View attachment DSCN1225-2.jpg My own art work :laughing7:

Thanks for looking!

3cylbill

Jul 2, 2015
s.tier NY
Detector(s) used
TESORO, MINELAB, WHITES , GARRETT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
pickin rocks out of a plowed field...BIG fun...:tongue3::hello2::usflag:

can_slaw

Nov 10, 2017
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
ACE 400, ACE 300, TESORO COMPADRE
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Very cool post! I bet the sparkly one in the top pics is a real show piece in person. Very nice work, and ALOT of it!

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wish Louisiana had rocks, I would do the same as you did. My rock collection is from around the world...being in the military, I would have my unit members bring me rocks during their deployment. Rocks from Turkey, Iran, Italy, wherever they were deployed to. In the states, from all over. 2 members bought back a 500lb rock from Fort Smith, AR area. It's under the live oak at the unit. I'm a rock collector. We have gravel here, that come from the gravel pits about 30 miles from here. I believe this is where the Indians got their rocks from to make their points, scrapers from. Anyway, I look for holey rocks in my driveway and make mobiles out of em.

OP
OP
W

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
pickin rocks out of a plowed field...BIG fun...:tongue3::hello2::usflag:

Our fields aren't plowed. I have to find them and pop them out of the ground. But, yeah, fun, fun, fun. (Tell that to my back :BangHead:)

OP
OP
W

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Very cool post! I bet the sparkly one in the top pics is a real show piece in person. Very nice work, and ALOT of it!

Thank you, can_slaw. I hope before I am through, I will be rewarded with finding a NA artifact.

OP
OP
W

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Wish Louisiana had rocks, I would do the same as you did. My rock collection is from around the world...being in the military, I would have my unit members bring me rocks during their deployment. Rocks from Turkey, Iran, Italy, wherever they were deployed to. In the states, from all over. 2 members bought back a 500lb rock from Fort Smith, AR area. It's under the live oak at the unit. I'm a rock collector. We have gravel here, that come from the gravel pits about 30 miles from here. I believe this is where the Indians got their rocks from to make their points, scrapers from. Anyway, I look for holey rocks in my driveway and make mobiles out of em.

That's pretty cool having them from around the world! You should post a pick of your mobiles. It sounds pretty neat. BTW Thank you for your service!:usflag:

can_slaw

Nov 10, 2017
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
ACE 400, ACE 300, TESORO COMPADRE
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thank you, can_slaw. I hope before I am through, I will be rewarded with finding a NA artifact.

Then I wish you nothing but luck. Please post pics of any you find, I for one am fascinated by them!

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IMG_0197.JPG
IMG_0198.JPG
Pictures of the mobile I made from the holey rocks found in my gravel driveway...have a long driveway. Gee, what did I do to get these pics sideways?

Attachments

• IMG_0199.JPG
    IMG_0199.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 49
Last edited:
OP
OP
W

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
rock mobile.JPG

rock mobile 2.JPG

There we go.

Those are cool! I've never seen rock mobiles before. I bet they are super heavy!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread