Ant

Ant

Silver Member
Aug 6, 2006
Cali
Detector(s) used
Glold Bug 2 MineLab SE
bigfish31 said:
It looks like a dove, but I see alot of those lately.

You got it. I know, the season started the 1st ;).

djabend

Dec 12, 2006
Cicero, NY
Detector(s) used
White's DFX 300 Sunray DX-1 probe/ XLT Sunray XL-1 probe
Here it is from Google Earth
angel formation.jpg
HH,
Donny

OP
OP
Ant

Ant

Silver Member
Aug 6, 2006
Cali
Detector(s) used
Glold Bug 2 MineLab SE
djabend said:
Here it is from Google Earth

HH,
Donny

That's neat Danny. How do you capture photos from Google Earth?

djabend

Dec 12, 2006
Cicero, NY
Detector(s) used
White's DFX 300 Sunray DX-1 probe/ XLT Sunray XL-1 probe
Ant said:
How do you capture photos from Google Earth?
All you need is the free version of Google Earth installed your computer and then select file --> Save --> Save image or hit Ctrl+Alt+S.
HH,
Donny

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like an eagle facing our right to me.

I'll have to look closer next time I'm out there.

Hey Ant, next time you're out by Borrego Springs (if you are up for a 6000 ft climb), check out Indian Head Peak:

smallindianhead2sq7.jpg

When you are up there, you can see where they used fire to make the rock brittle, and excavated a lot of the top of the mountain. Then, sit on the chin and hang your feet over the edge. The whole top of the thing is man shaped.
Mike

OP
OP
Ant

Ant

Silver Member
Aug 6, 2006
Cali
Detector(s) used
Glold Bug 2 MineLab SE
Hey thanks Danny, I'll have to down load that.

Cool Indian head peak gollum. I posted the Indian head rock that can be seen from Utah Trail, about a mile or two before the JTNP's eastern entrance. One day when I get a jeep with articulation suspension, then I can visit places like that. You know the places that you go to when you’re on one of your off-road excursions ;).

Attachments

• Angle 2.gif
    Angle 2.gif
    68.8 KB · Views: 222

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You might also check out NASA Worldwind. It has a lot of different plug-ins including different color spectrums, and TOPOs. I use both (they are both free).

HAHAHA

For the most part, my Acura (car) gets me pretty close to where I need to go (usually). I hike in from there. Occasionally, I have to take Suburban. About $100 per trip from home to Joshua Tree or Brawley and back.

Poor car. I have taken that thing places where no car was ever meant to go. Only got stuck once, and the kindly Police Expeditions got me out (AAA won't go off road). ;D ;D ;D

My best was when I burnt up the engine in the Suburban by the intersection of the 62 and 177 (Northeast of Joshua Tree), and called AAA for the tow home to Laguna Niguel (right at 200 miles free of charge). GOD I LOVE AAA!

Best-Mike

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread