tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm posting this in regards to the sad news I read yesterday, as I noticed in the opening recent post here on the site that read in memory of BosnMate. That's when I found out about the passing of Dale Nelson. I'm not sure if all of you who frequent the daily snap shot were aware of his passing on March 27th. BosnMate to me was a special kind of guy who imo kept with him a treasure like no other, which was the heart of a child. I at times would see photo ops on the road and shoot them with BosnMate in mind as I thought he would enjoy it. I'm sure some of us took note of the time his wife had passed and when mentioned it was time he pull himself out of the sadness and fix up his mancave and later be blessed with his new buddy and beautiful Golden Retriever named Duke. I had corresponding briefly with Dale in a PM sometime ago over a book I had written in 1899 about a fella who claimed to have lived 31 years in the plains and mountains of the old west. I thought Dale was a special kind of guy, who seemed to find nothing, but adventure out of life he had and the things he experienced. His last post on this daily snap shots I believe, was March 8th and titled 60 Years Ago. Looking at it again you can just imagine that's where BosnMate in Spirit could be found.

The picture I posted is one I took in the Gunnison valley as I sat a while to see the early morning cloaked in heavy mist begin to dissipate with the rising sun bringing with it a new day. The mist was there for only a short while and then it was gone.

Attachments

• IMG_20180425_061049.jpg
    IMG_20180425_061049.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 55

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm posting this in regards to the sad news I read yesterday, as I noticed in the opening recent post here on the site that read in memory of BosnMate. That's when I found out about the passing of Dale Nelson. I'm not sure if all of you who frequent the daily snap shot were aware of his passing on March 27th. BosnMate to me was a special kind of guy who imo kept with him a treasure like no other, which was the heart of a child. I at times would see photo ops on the road and shoot them with BosnMate in mind as I thought he would enjoy it. I'm sure some of us took note of the time his wife had passed and when mentioned it was time he pull himself out of the sadness and fix up his mancave and later be blessed with his new buddy and beautiful Golden Retriever named Duke. I had corresponding briefly with Dale in a PM sometime ago over a book I had written in 1899 about a fella who claimed to have lived 31 years in the plains and mountains of the old west. I thought Dale was a special kind of guy, who seemed to find nothing, but adventure out of life he had and the things he experienced. His last post on this daily snap shots I believe, was March 8th and titled 60 Years Ago. Looking at it again you can just imagine that's where BosnMate in Spirit could be found.

The picture I posted is one I took in the Gunnison valley as I sat a while to see the early morning cloaked in heavy mist begin to dissipate with the rising sun bringing with it a new day. The mist was there for only a short while and then it was gone.

Old Boats was quite a guy.

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Aw man, I hadn't heard that til now. He was a great guy.

Hawks88

Gold Member
Aug 26, 2012
Niagara falls
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is an awesome picture. Would be hanging on my wall for sure. Thanks for sharing.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread