WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Here are some picks of some native flowers on the farm. I could only ID a few. If you can ID, please do!

wf1.JPG

wf2.JPG

wf3.JPG wf4.JPG I know this is an Anemone, but which one? In the Buttercup family.

wf5.JPG Trillium grandiflorum - Large-Flowered Trillium, Great White Trillium, White Trillium. Trillium grandiflorum is one of the showiest and most common of our eastern Trilliums. It grows to about 2 feet tall, and can be found in large colonies.

wf6.JPG

wf7.JPG Toadshade Trillium Trillium sessile

wf8.JPG Virginia Bluebells - Mertensia virginica

Now if I could just remember to turn on the flash! :BangHead:

Thanks for looking!

~Sis

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beautiful photographs.

And why do you worry about clothes? See how the flowers of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these.

Last edited:

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
And why do you worry about clothes? See how the flowers of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these.
Love that passage, and especially the way that lesson ends: "So never be anxious about the next day, for the next day will have its own anxieties. Each day has enough of its own troubles."

One translation even says: "Sufficient for each day is its own badness.:

Kinda puts things in perspective for me.

Last edited:

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Now if I could just remember to turn on the flash! :BangHead:

Thanks for looking!

~Sis

Grab your photo editing program and adjust it. If that Nikon shot in "raw", then exposure would be even more forgiving.

That's the one thing that keeps me from chucking my Canon EOS Rebel ... it does shoot in raw. With Aftershot Pro or Lightroom ... and a bit of work ... you can get something salvageable out of almost any photo.

That being said, I didn't really see anything that couldn't be easily fixed with "fill light" in a good photo editor.

Very nice pics.

OP
OP
W

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Beautiful photographs.

Thanks for that scripture. I passed it on to someone who's wife just found out her job was being phased out.

OP
OP
W

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Grab your photo editing program and adjust it. If that Nikon shot in "raw", then exposure would be even more forgiving.

That's the one thing that keeps me from chucking my Canon EOS Rebel ... it does shoot in raw. With Aftershot Pro or Lightroom ... and a bit of work ... you can get something salvageable out of almost any photo.

That being said, I didn't really see anything that couldn't be easily fixed with "fill light" in a good photo editor.

Very nice pics.

Actually, those are edited. For the most part, they turned out pretty good. I just think because there was so much shading they might have been better if I had the flash. Especially on the first two pics and the bluebells. I had a few I couldn't even salvage.

Practice, practice, practice.

OP
OP
W

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Definitely getting better Sis..spring has sprung,snap away.:laughing7:

GOD Bless

Chris

I think there is a quote that says, " A student's success is a reflection on his teacher." Well, in this case "her teachers."

You all got me hooked. It's a pretty fun.

Waiting for the wild purple iris' to bloom. Those are pretty cool. :hello2:

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Actually, those are edited. For the most part, they turned out pretty good. I just think because there was so much shading they might have been better if I had the flash. Especially on the first two pics and the bluebells. I had a few I couldn't even salvage.

Practice, practice, practice.

Ah, two important things to remember about layers:

Multiply will darken a blown out image. - Duplicate the layer, and change the "blend mode" to "multiply" and it will darken the image. Need to darken more? Repeat by just duplicating the layer you added.

Screen will lighten a dark image - Same as above except choosing the "screen" blend mode. Need to lighten more? Repeat by just duplicating the layer you added.

These are the two simplest ways I know of to fix photos on either end of the spectrum.

OP
OP
W

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Ah, two important things to remember about layers:

Multiply will darken a blown out image. - Duplicate the layer, and change the "blend mode" to "multiply" and it will darken the image. Need to darken more? Repeat by just duplicating the layer you added.

Screen will lighten a dark image - Same as above except choosing the "screen" blend mode. Need to lighten more? Repeat by just duplicating the layer you added.

These are the two simplest ways I know of to fix photos on either end of the spectrum.

OK. This may take a lot more schooling.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread