Tennessee State Fair

wesfrye53

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
Springfield, TN
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 202
Thought I'd share with you some photos of my activities this afternoon and evening. I work for Metro Water Services; we treat water and wastewater. Every year for the past 10 years we have set up a "water station" with iced water. It's free and self serve. The side benefit of working a shift at the station is free entry into the Fair.

This is a photo of our Water Station:

Water Station.JPG

The rest of the photos are scenes from the Fair I took when I was able to get away for a while. Here's some scenes from he agriculture building showing garden entries:
Garden Goodies.JPG

Morfe Garden Goodies.JPG

Garden Giants.JPG

This next shot is one of my favorite places to visit. It smells great....Mmmmm. It's the Country Ham entries:

Country Ham Competition.JPG

The Quilt Competition would be a hard one to judge.

Quilt Entries.JPG

And there's always livestock at the Fair

Cattle waiting to be judged.JPG

Of course you need to eat a lot of stuff when you go to the Fair and there's always a wide variety of choices.

Anyone hungry.JPG

Then there's always "The Midway"...which I have avoided for a number of years ;D

The Midway.JPG

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Neat pics, Wes. Reminds me of all the vegs I entered in the 4-H Club entries. Now, after the fair (carnival people leave) are you planning to MD the grounds?

OP
OP
wesfrye53

wesfrye53

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
Springfield, TN
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 202
Wish I could RR but it's government property the Fair is held on....not a park...and not always open for public use.

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 11 & White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like a great fair Wes, thanks for sharing.

Fossis.............

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
Great pics Wes. I'd probably get thrown out if I was there, though. Country ham, pocket knife, Yum...LOL

COUNTRY GIRL

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2006
WESTERN MASS
Did any one notice the 214 lb watermellon :o, that's 2 of me :D. Never mind a 1065 lb pumpkin :o. They must use the fertilizer from that big cow :D. Great ic's ;) Wes! Thanks for taking us along.

ronwoodcraft

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2007
Idaho
That Watermelon is amazing! Have not seen any big watermelons since I moved away from Oklahoma years ago.

Great post Wes,

Ron

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread