fyrffytr1

Gold Member
Mar 5, 2010
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was on my screen porch this morning taking some pictures of relics when I caught a glimpse of motion out of the corner of my eye. I looked down and there was a 4 foot
black snake crawling through the flower bed. Whenever I see one I catch it and take it out back to release it into the woods so I went to the garage, got my bucket and extension picker and went to look for the snake. As I rounded the back of the house I saw the snake in the distance heading into the azeala bed. I knew I would never find it in there so I turned back towards the garage and that is when I spotted this guy on the bedroom window ledge. He is a mature southeastern 5 lined skink. They scare the heck out of my wife! I took a few pictures and backed off so as not to spook him.

Attachments

• Skink 2.jpg
    Skink 2.jpg
    405.7 KB · Views: 54
  • DSC_0002.jpg
    DSC_0002.jpg
    513.6 KB · Views: 59

Jim in Idaho

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2012
Blackfoot, Idaho
Detector(s) used
White's GM2, GM3, DFX, Coinmaster, TDI-SL, GM24K, Falcon MD20, old Garrett Masterhunter BFO
'Way Too Cool' dual 18 Watt UV light
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Nice pic! looks like he hasn't missed many meals...LOL
Jim

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
That's a nice adult male. I caught one last weekend, looked him over, then let him go. Beautiful creatures!

buck8point

Apr 22, 2018
Iberville Parish, Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 250 / Garrett AT Max /
Garrett Pro Pointer / Garrett Pro Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have plenty of them on my place too, and they can get REAL Big... Took a pic of one so big a while back when i looked closely noticed he even had a couple ticks on him..

Kray Gelder

Gold Member
Feb 24, 2017
Georgetown, SC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I was on my screen porch this morning taking some pictures of relics when I caught a glimpse of motion out of the corner of my eye. I looked down and there was a 4 foot
black snake crawling through the flower bed. Whenever I see one I catch it and take it out back to release it into the woods so I went to the garage, got my bucket and extension picker and went to look for the snake. As I rounded the back of the house I saw the snake in the distance heading into the azeala bed. I knew I would never find it in there so I turned back towards the garage and that is when I spotted this guy on the bedroom window ledge. He is a mature southeastern 5 lined skink. They scare the heck out of my wife! I took a few pictures and backed off so as not to spook him.

They are cool. Don't grab them by the tail. It'll pop right off.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There were small brown lizards around when I moved into the house I've lived for 28 years now, but it's been a long time since I've last seen one. Most likely they disappeared with all this urban development :(

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Pretty Cool. I've only seen a little blue lizard or skink once on my property. I have no idea what he was, but he was very colorful.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread