fyrffytr1

Gold Member
Mar 5, 2010
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The only reason i am posting these is to relate an odd event I witnessed this morning. But, it is related in a way to the pics. I was sitting on my back porch listening to the birds when a crow flew across the yard with a hawk in close pursuit. The hawk was half the size of the crow. Then they flew back across the yard, only this time the crow was chasing the hawk! They would both land in the same tree within 10' of each other. This went on for several minutes until the crow flew off in one direction and the hawk the other. I did not have my camera and doubt that I could have gotten a picture anyway.
The three pictures are from the trail camera and show the hawk trying to get a meal in two of them. The other pic is the hawk heading straight into the camera. I wish it had been in focus but he was moving pretty fast from the looks of it.

Attachments

• MFDC5279.jpg
    MFDC5279.jpg
    415.8 KB · Views: 59
  • MFDC5265.jpg
    MFDC5265.jpg
    731.2 KB · Views: 50
  • Hawk 2.jpg
    Hawk 2.jpg
    384.9 KB · Views: 62

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Still cool pics. That hawk was probably thinking, finally, only one of those rascals, as crows usually gang up and just harass the heck out of hawks and owls.

bowwinkles

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are lots of these type pictures by trail cams on chasingame.

buck8point

Apr 22, 2018
Iberville Parish, Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 250 / Garrett AT Max /
Garrett Pro Pointer / Garrett Pro Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You should see what happens when you play a Crow vs Hawk fight on a Game call... its amazing.. Crows and Haws literally come out of the wood work in minutes...
I have fun with that at my place all the time.. Should make a video one day.. lol

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Game cameras get the most amazing shots..:icon_thumleft:

From the look on that hawk's face, I think that last pic needs a caption...

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
equinox 800, Whites mx sport, Garrot carrot, bounty hunter time ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You should see what happens when you play a Crow vs Hawk fight on a Game call... its amazing.. Crows and Haws literally come out of the wood work in minutes...
I have fun with that at my place all the time.. Should make a video one day.. lol

sounds like fun

RandyTheKid

Mar 16, 2018
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 300
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We have free roam chickens and i seen a hawk fly down and take a full sized rooster. Well a few hours later, the rooster was walking in the yard when i got back from town.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread