fyrffytr1

Gold Member
Mar 5, 2010
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My son, who lives in Flagstaff, Az. walked out into his backyard this morning to be greeted by this guy. It was on the ground but was startled by my son's cat and promptly climbed about 40 feet up a tree before turning to look back. This cat has been sighted in the area for about a month now but has eluded capture. My son took this cell phone picture then called the DNR but, he had to leave for work so he doesn't know if the cat was captured or not.

Attachments

• mountain lion.jpeg
    mountain lion.jpeg
    120.3 KB · Views: 65

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's quite a sight. In all my travels I've seen 2 mountain lions. Both were crossing the road in front of me. One was in New Mexico and the other was in Wyoming. I stopped to see if I could see them again, but they're like ghosts and vanish out of sight. I did see a badger cross the road in Nevada this week, but didn't stop to see if I could get a picture.

Last edited:
OP
OP
fyrffytr1

fyrffytr1

Gold Member
Mar 5, 2010
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This one is in a residential neighborhood. I understand that a few pets are missing and there is concern for the safety of small children waiting on the school bus.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, it will see pets as a tasty snack, but these days there should always be a parent at the school bus stop due what's going on in society. Unless it has rabies, which is not likely, it would not attack a group of people. I have only seen one cougar, in my blasted front lawn in Maryland last August. I chased it off with my fire engine red Impala, which is a lot bigger than it was! Drove that car right through the lawn and weeds to show it who was boss. It was stalking 5 deer standing in the driveway at dusk.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not if you're in the car. I cut down a lot of trees and shrubberies so I have a 75' clear field of vision getting out of the car these days and motion lights everywhere.

BTW I saw on the news yesterday late a biker was killed in Washington State by one. His friend was hurt, they were mountain biking together. The cat ran off.

Last edited:

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Not if you're in the car. I cut down a lot of trees and shrubberies so I have a 75' clear field of vision getting out of the car these days and motion lights everywhere.

BTW I saw on the news yesterday late a biker was killed in Washington State by one. His friend was hurt, they were mountain biking together. The cat ran off.

That's sad to hear.

I'm glad Ohio is listed as "extinct or severely reduced population." That's not to say I will never come across one, but chances are slim.

It always freaks me out when the scare lights come on, even though I am safely inside and it's most likely a deer or coon. I'm such a chicken.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think I'm skipping gold panning in the creek this year in its entirety. I have seen the cat tracks on more than one occasion so that means it must live near here.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread