Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So the lead guitarist of the marginally well known in the tri-state area Mexican rock band Los Trykes asked to go camping with me. (daughter's boyfriend) Ah si, k Bueno, vamanos vato. Took him to a pay campground at Half Moon west and set up a tent and as usual I slept outside on the ground. Of course he brings a guitar along cause these guys practice every day, and actually slept with it that night. This guy got after cutting up firewood and I now have enough to last me til sometime next year. Took him over and let him catch some fish. The best thing is after I went to bed and he was still up sittin around the fire a deer walked right up to him at the edge of the camp. I thought it would have been cooler if a bear would have come up and chased him around, so that way he would get the real 'outdoor experience'. Still cool and glad I could get a novice outdoors.

Attachments

• 6-2aa.jpg
    6-2aa.jpg
    161.2 KB · Views: 69
  • 6-2bb.jpg
    6-2bb.jpg
    172.5 KB · Views: 64
  • 6-2cc.jpg
    6-2cc.jpg
    152 KB · Views: 66
  • 6-2dd.jpg
    6-2dd.jpg
    114.1 KB · Views: 52
  • 6-2ee.jpg
    6-2ee.jpg
    116.3 KB · Views: 60

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
RD1000, GSSI Profiler EMP-400. GPZ 14 & 19
Primary Interest:
Other
City folks try too hard sometimes, but better than those who do not try at all. So you have enough firewood now for a while, let him run you some trotlines, go hunting for you, maybe trapping. Heck teach him some stones to go hunt down for you, let him do some nugget shooting.

Best part is, you likely taught him more than you realize, and I bet he talks about it with many folks.

Maybe he can talk some of his friends to pay you for some of that pay to camp expeditions.

OP
OP
RGINN

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They don't got to pay me Oddjob, it's family, you know? I also took him down to the creek and taught him how to pan gold. Well how to pan out black sand anyway. You know he's got a day job and he's doin that rock and roll thing maybe some day they'll be big. It was good to get him out from a Saturday night one night stand smoke filled bar thing. Best part is I asked him, 'Le gusta camping?' "Si". 'Por K?' "Por k es muy tranquillo aqui". 'Si, claro k si'. (He doesn't speak English worth a damn, which is why he cut up all that firewood, cause I couldn't figure out how to say 'kindling' in Spanish, so I just said we need a little bit of firewood.)

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like good time, but I'd be way ahead of sizing down that branch for fire wood just busting it on a rock rather than using that saw.

OP
OP
RGINN

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
He tried that and it was a little green, tr, so didn't bust easy. After that he drug up a 20 ft. long downed lodge pole and got after that.

OP
OP
RGINN

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
6-4z.jpg As you can see from this pic Wrightdigger, taken when he and another band member were doing some promotion at a radio station, (he's second from the left) I had a few reservations about this guy when mi hija first introduced me to him. But he's turned out to be a pretty good guy. She can keep him if she wants to.

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
View attachment 1598357 As you can see from this pic Wrightdigger, taken when he and another band member were doing some promotion at a radio station, (he's second from the left) I had a few reservations about this guy when mi hija first introduced me to him. But he's turned out to be a pretty good guy. She can keep him if she wants to.

hey what is the name of the band?

OP
OP
RGINN

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I said 'Los Trykes' Oddjob but correctly it's just Trykes. Mostly people only think of mariachi, norteno, or Tejano being associated with those Latinos, but there's a whole genre of Mexican Rock and Roll bands. Mostly they do covers of rock standards translated into Spanish. Growing up I used to hear a lot of them on the X radio station out of Juarez. Not something you will hear in the local gentrified neighborhood's Mexican restaurant, but a lot of them are very good, and if they're not that good their hearts are in it, and it's still rock and roll to me.

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Alright, I will see if I can find anything on them.

Used to hear such covers on the AM way back in the day. But that was back when Flaco or Freddy Fender would be on normal radio. But it has been so long last newest I heard was Ram Herrera that was worth a hoot. Tejano changed so much now. I remember getting in new troops out of south or west Texas, and some of the stuff would just kill your ears, like Techno Cumbia.

Back in the day the small town Rodeo would always have a good band, Flaco, Freddy, Augie Meyers was pretty big, I remember the Stray Cats was like a diverse thing back then. LOL

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
View attachment 1598357 As you can see from this pic Wrightdigger, taken when he and another band member were doing some promotion at a radio station, (he's second from the left) I had a few reservations about this guy when mi hija first introduced me to him. But he's turned out to be a pretty good guy. She can keep him if she wants to.

LOL! I'm glad he turned out to be a good guy.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread