Old-time Abandoned Garage Ruins

DAVINCIDOG

Jul 29, 2007
Here are a few shots of an old abandoned garage up here in Maine. One of the buildings on the property is already being reclaimed by nature. The other building is just barely standing.

The shot with the car and the chair was another photo in the dark inside the building still standing. I had to climb in through a broken board. It is extended exposure on a tripod to capture the late day light over time coming through the gaps in the boards.

I am going back soon to take some more photos because on my way out I saw just opposite the two structures on the other side of the country road an area that was the old auto graveyard for the garage. LOTS of old cars/trucks being reclaimed by nature like the truck shot I have here.

I also have lots more pictures to share at my blog which is: http://whereareyoublog.spaces.live.com/

Attachments

• 013_13b.jpg
    013_13b.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 2,137
  • 005_5b.jpg
    005_5b.jpg
    118.5 KB · Views: 735
  • 007_7b.jpg
    007_7b.jpg
    112.9 KB · Views: 446

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
Those are great! Such a shame no one is restoring the old vehicles! I love photos like these! Thanks

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Once upon a time...they had a good life. Great pics!

;) RR

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
the body on that first car looks to be in decent shape at first glance. that probably is restorable to someone with the time and money.

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
also......check them seats for change! many a merc were lost in old car seats!

OP
OP
DAVINCIDOG

DAVINCIDOG

Jul 29, 2007
:D Good call! I didn't even think of looking for change! LOL I certainly will do that. I was thinking that even the place would be great with a metal detector; that is if you were any good at knowing how to avoid all the typical old-time garage junk. LOL

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread