Kray Gelder

Gold Member
Feb 24, 2017
Georgetown, SC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yeah, really impressive. Maybe we did have ancient alien visitors, or peyote was popular among rock artists.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've never been to those. Thanks for sharing

OP
OP
RGINN

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Peyote doesn't really grow up here Kray, but there is a lot of moonflower, which is datura, and if you get a hold of that you'll see all kinds of things, and maybe live to depict them. The second one interests me cause I think that's more of a map, and I'm checking google earth to see if there's any relation. tr those are all easy to get to and see if you're ever around Moab or Thompson Springs. The third pictograph is an exception. Surely the archaeologists know about it, and Utah rock art is well documented in many books, but so far I haven't seen this one. Easy to get to, but I'd just about have to be there to show you where it is, or you'd never find it.

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Sure would like to know what they mean. Very cool. Thanks for posting.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
RGinn, have you been to Newspaper Rock outside of Monticello Utah? I was there camping in 1981, then there was no barier fence around it.
1200px-Newspaper_Rock_Full.jpg

Kray Gelder

Gold Member
Feb 24, 2017
Georgetown, SC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That second one does look like it could be a map. I just spent an hour seeing if it lines up with anything, and with no compass direction or not being drawn to scale, probably, you could make a career out of it. LOL. Many possibilities in that landscape. Very interesting. That area was likely much more wet, winding down from the last Ice Age, with more people, wildlife, and activity. Really looks like a fun area to explore in the Spring and Fall.

OP
OP
RGINN

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
RGinn, have you been to Newspaper Rock outside of Monticello Utah? I was there camping in 1981, then there was no barier fence around it.

View attachment 1600078
I have indeed, a couple of times TH. To the left of that main rock along the wall there's some more interesting glyphs. They look more Aztec or something. They've closed that campground that was by that so last time I was there we camped at Hamburger Rock on up north. Found some evidence of prehistoric activity there and thought it was a great place, but Maria never wants to go back there again, haha!

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Utah is in my top 3 of favorite states for scenery. Every national park is different and unique in itself.

OP
OP
RGINN

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I prefer BLM lands, TH. I try my best not to be a part of the industrialized tourism in National Parks.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread