tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great pictures. One of my favorite roads to travel is that one. I think those California Condors were put in or around that area to help them along, as California wasn't doing all that good for their survival? I could be wrong, but I think I watched a nature show on that rare bird once some time ago and they had moved some into Utah.

Bronze Member
May 26, 2011
tujunga ca
Detector(s) used
xlt mxt gmz and now a gmt whites
jay leno was just at the condor place in calif and they were doing great.its nice to know that they are more places for them.i had one fly right over my head at the grand canyon.
brad

Kray Gelder

Gold Member
Feb 24, 2017
Georgetown, SC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Rugged looking country. The arrow?... I'm thinking you need to follow that line. It's a definite mark or sign, unlike many shared here.

OP
OP
RGINN

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rugged looking country. The arrow?... I'm thinking you need to follow that line. It's a definite mark or sign, unlike many shared here.
I followed that arrow all the way up to the horizon before and never saw anything of interest, but easy to miss something in this terrain. It's not something the average person would ever find, but I pull off the road and wander around a lot. There was a big uranium boom in this area some years back, so maybe something related to a claim marker? Although there's not any evidence of any mining in that particular area.

Kray Gelder

Gold Member
Feb 24, 2017
Georgetown, SC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I followed that arrow all the way up to the horizon before and never saw anything of interest, but easy to miss something in this terrain. It's not something the average person would ever find, but I pull off the road and wander around a lot. There was a big uranium boom in this area some years back, so maybe something related to a claim marker? Although there's not any evidence of any mining in that particular area.

That's great that you made the effort. How could you not? When you got to the top, what did you see? More of the same rocky landscape? I love that type terrain, just never spent much time in it. I have lived my life in forested country, where you can see as far as the next tree, so the open country has always given me kind of a thrill, if that makes sense.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread