fyrffytr1

Gold Member
Mar 5, 2010
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a nesting pair of bluebirds right outside my garage and every time I walk out past the box the sitting parent flies off and lands in a pine tree in my neighbors yard. These shots were taken late this afternoon. First picture was taken without zoom. Second and third pics were using the zoom on my Nikon P900. I was holding the camera but I still think the zoomed shots turned out OK. I might try to get a picture using a tripod. And, I hope to get the male before they leave the area.

Attachments

• DSCN1340a.jpg
    DSCN1340a.jpg
    724.5 KB · Views: 47
  • DSCN1341a.jpg
    DSCN1341a.jpg
    389.4 KB · Views: 59
  • DSCN1342a.jpg
    DSCN1342a.jpg
    292.4 KB · Views: 49

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Huh! Out here we have the western bluebird and it's not much different than your eastern bluebird. I mostly see these western bluebirds in Utah especially at a rest area along I70 at an exit called Fremont. I stopped by it last month and did see some of the western bluebirds, but couldn't get a good close enough shot of one before I had to get going. Nice shot you got of your eastern species. :thumbsup:

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
couple weeks ago found what I thought was a bluebird dead on my porch, but it was a much brighter blue and all over

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I hated to see it dead, with so many sparrows

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a nesting pair of bluebirds right outside my garage and every time I walk out past the box the sitting parent flies off and lands in a pine tree in my neighbors yard. These shots were taken late this afternoon. First picture was taken without zoom. Second and third pics were using the zoom on my Nikon P900. I was holding the camera but I still think the zoomed shots turned out OK. I might try to get a picture using a tripod. And, I hope to get the male before they leave the area.

Beautiful .
I think 'pretty sure' I see one or 2 of these come to one of my bird feeders ever so often .
Great Picture.

OP
OP
fyrffytr1

fyrffytr1

Gold Member
Mar 5, 2010
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beautiful .
I think 'pretty sure' I see one or 2 of these come to one of my bird feeders ever so often .
Great Picture.

We have two or three nesting pairs every year in my yard alone. And, they nest at least two times a season. They are all over my neighborhood. I still hope to get a good shot of the male but he isn't around right now. When the eggs hatch he'll show up.

OP
OP
fyrffytr1

fyrffytr1

Gold Member
Mar 5, 2010
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
couple weeks ago found what I thought was a bluebird dead on my porch, but it was a much brighter blue and all over

You probably had an Indigo Bunting if it was solid blue. The male eastern Bluebird has a blue back and gold chest.

Attachments

• Indigo_Bunting_c22-37-204_l_1.jpg
    Indigo_Bunting_c22-37-204_l_1.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 43
  • Eastern Bluebird-4299_Laurie Lawler_Texas_2013_GBBC_KK.jpg
    Eastern Bluebird-4299_Laurie Lawler_Texas_2013_GBBC_KK.jpg
    378.4 KB · Views: 43
OP
OP
fyrffytr1

fyrffytr1

Gold Member
Mar 5, 2010
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The male showed up today and while I was able to get a few pictures they are not the best.

Attachments

• DSCN1364.jpg
    DSCN1364.jpg
    211.1 KB · Views: 40
  • DSCN1362.jpg
    DSCN1362.jpg
    215.9 KB · Views: 41
  • DSCN1360.jpg
    DSCN1360.jpg
    241.3 KB · Views: 43

Stringtyer

Jul 29, 2017
The Old North State
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600
Tesoro Cutlass
Bounty Hunter Tracker II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We have two or three nesting pairs every year in my yard alone. And, they nest at least two times a season. They are all over my neighborhood. I still hope to get a good shot of the male but he isn't around right now. When the eggs hatch he'll show up.

We, also have a nesting pair in the bluebird box on the end of our grapevine and they, too, nest a couple of times each season. I looked at the nest one day to find a neighborhood cat sitting on top of the bluebird box with his paw in the entrance hole. I chased him off and, to prevent his return, I cut some carpet tack strips into sections and attached them to the top of the house. Cat problem solved!

Two years ago, the male bluebird saw his own reflection in one of our windows and lost his mind thinking it was a rival. He spent the better part of three days running into the window. I finally put up some plastic sheeting to make the window non-reflective and he gave up the fight.

OP
OP
fyrffytr1

fyrffytr1

Gold Member
Mar 5, 2010
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got a few more shots of the male today but he doesn't want to cooperate with the camera. Either that or he is having fun posing like a looney bird. He finally settled down and I got the last two pictures before he flew off.

Attachments

• DSCN1385.jpg
    DSCN1385.jpg
    251.3 KB · Views: 44
  • DSCN1389.jpg
    DSCN1389.jpg
    227.9 KB · Views: 38
  • DSCN1390.jpg
    DSCN1390.jpg
    257.8 KB · Views: 45
  • DSCN1392.jpg
    DSCN1392.jpg
    259.8 KB · Views: 38

bobinsd

Oct 20, 2005
San Diego California
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think they are exclusively insect eaters. Not "feeder" type unless your seed has bugs.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread