tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This morning the balloons went right over the house and the two came really close to each other. The yellow balloon was blowing his flame continually making all kinds of blasting noise in an effort get lift and that gets Ollie all upset. Bella was at that back door scratching it like she was trying to dig to China as shes scared to death of the noise these things make. Shes runs inside and hides behind the bed up stairs until it's again safe to come out.

Attachments

• 061418 1.jpg
    061418 1.jpg
    950.2 KB · Views: 66
  • 061418 2.jpg
    061418 2.jpg
    873.9 KB · Views: 66
  • 061418 3.jpg
    061418 3.jpg
    866 KB · Views: 71
  • 061418 4.jpg
    061418 4.jpg
    902.9 KB · Views: 70
  • 061418 5.jpg
    061418 5.jpg
    811.8 KB · Views: 67
  • 061418 6.jpg
    061418 6.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 60

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Noisy things, aren't they? I have always wanted to give them a try.

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Too cool......I was lucky enough to take a ride in one ovver disney once, it was awsome !!!

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Too cool......I was lucky enough to take a ride in one over disney once, it was awsome !!!

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Noisy things, aren't they? I have always wanted to give them a try.
It's $250 a ride. If I ever do go I hope it goes like I see them sometimes with little wind and they just go way high in the air and stay up a long time. These here flying low the ride would be over in a short time. Maybe this fall when the air is cooler I'll spend the money? They've been going over my house for as long as I've lived here and that's gonna be 30 years next year. They've touched the tops of the trees here in the neighborhood before and people are always looking in my back yard.

Attachments

• 061418 7.jpg
    061418 7.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 62
Last edited:

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its worth it !!

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In fact its so cool ill say it again. Its worth it !!
Lol !!

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In fact its so cool ill say it again. Its worth it !!
Lol !!
It looks worth it to me. Its just a matter of when I guess?. In the fall the air is clear and the trees are changing color and huge flocks of geese are flying around and that's when I see these thing look like the size of a pea way up there in the sky and I'm told that's when you wanna go.

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I remember coming down to treetop level and picking pine cones so we could drop them like bombs. Big Time fun at the age of 15 !!

Kray Gelder

Gold Member
Feb 24, 2017
Georgetown, SC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It's $250 a ride. If I ever do go I hope it goes like I see them sometimes with little wind and they just go way high in the air and stay up a long time. These here flying low the ride would be over in a short time. Maybe this fall when the air is cooler I'll spend the money? They've been going over my house for as long as I've lived here and that's gonna be 30 years next year. They've touched the tops of the trees here in the neighborhood before and people are always looking in my back yard.

You should give them something to look at. Sorry, just my twisted mind at work.

GopherDaGold

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2009
St. Charles County, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Teknetics Delta 4000, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Several years ago my daughter came flying into the house yelling 'hey there's a hot air balloon crash landing in the field!' We go outside and sure enough, the gondola or basket, carrying three people was bouncing off the treetops in the hedgerow while the operator was frantically trying to gain altitude. By now most of the neighborhood had come out to watch and render aid if needed. He was able to move away from the trees and set down in the field. The problem with that is the field was overgrown with sticker bushes about 2' high so the balloon material was in danger of being punctured. The pilot asked us spectators to raise the deflated balloon over the tops of the bushes and assist with folding it up. There was probably thirty or more of us in the field holding and folding. We learned that the two other people in the balloon were a couple and the guy bought the balloon ride in order to surprise his gal with mile-high marriage proposal. She was visibly shaken throughout the ordeal so I have to wonder how that proposal worked out :laughing7:

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Not gittin in anything without a steering wheel. Nice pics:thumbsup:

Kray Gelder

Gold Member
Feb 24, 2017
Georgetown, SC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You should give them something to look at. Sorry, just my twisted mind at work.

What made me say that, was a memory triggered by you saying they were always looking in your back yard. Back in the day, on patrol in the Indian Ocean, a Soviet Helicopter approached our Frigate for a look. They were just at the level of our bridge (pilot house), only a couple of hundred feet away, and matching our course and speed. A couple of guys were taking photos of us, and quite a few of us lined the rails to see this Commie helo. Our skipper leaned down to us from the flying bridge, and said "Give 'em a good photo boys, give 'em the moon!" So we all turned and mooned the helo. The Soviets were laughing, we were laughing, and the Cold War continued.

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What made me say that, was a memory triggered by you saying they were always looking in your back yard. Back in the day, on patrol in the Indian Ocean, a Soviet Helicopter approached our Frigate for a look. They were just at the level of our bridge (pilot house), only a couple of hundred feet away, and matching our course and speed. A couple of guys were taking photos of us, and quite a few of us lined the rails to see this Commie helo. Our skipper leaned down to us from the flying bridge, and said "Give 'em a good photo boys, give 'em the moon!" So we all turned and mooned the helo. The Soviets were laughing, we were laughing, and the Cold War continued.
Yeah I knew what had crossed your mind, as I have had thoughts like that. What an interesting story. Kind a like that battlefield scene in the movie Braveheart. Of course things didn't escalate like in the movie it sounds like. I wonder if the Soviets got any top secret snapshots of this event you describe??

Kray Gelder

Gold Member
Feb 24, 2017
Georgetown, SC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yeah I knew what had crossed your mind, as I have had thoughts like that. What an interesting story. Kind a like that battlefield scene in the movie Braveheart. Of course things didn't escalate like in the movie it sounds like. I wonder if the Soviets got any top secret snapshots of this event you describe??

I don't know about top secret, but I would consider mine at least confidential. At sea, back then, we and the Russians were always screwing around with each other it seems. It was more serious with the submarine service, as some sub vets here on Tnet could attest to, but their activities were and are still top secret.

I had forgotten about that Braveheart scene, and that brought flashbacks at the time.

Good luck with the balloon tours, they're pretty cool.

Ogre1190

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2015
Northern Illinois
Detector(s) used
MineLab E-Trac, MineLab Safari, MineLab Explorer XS,
White's 5000 D, White's 6DB, White's 5000 D GEB
Sunray X-1 for the ML's, Garrett PP for the White's and a Backhoe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is a 500 foot minimum they are to maintain except of course when landing.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread