Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Well, got to experimenting with my Nikon last evening and found out that there is a special shooting mode to do macro photography. Went into the scene selector and chose "close up" and it really helped with the focus on my shots. Better ability to focus and get a really nice bokeh effect.

First, my cherry tomatoes

CherryTomatoes_tn.jpg

Some flowers in a pot at the bottom of the steps:

flowers.jpg

... and some more fungi:

mushroom.JPG

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice pics, Chadeaux! That's the setting I use also. I was going through the menu one day and found a different setting that actually said, "Macro," and I haven't been able to find it since.

My mom always had a garden when I was a kid. She would take me out there and set me by the cherry tomatoes. I would eat and eat while she harvested or pulled weeds. I really don't know what she was doing. I was a little preoccupied. LOL!

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thank you for sharing! :occasion14:

OP
OP
Chadeaux

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Nice pics, Chadeaux! That's the setting I use also. I was going through the menu one day and found a different setting that actually said, "Macro," and I haven't been able to find it since.

My mom always had a garden when I was a kid. She would take me out there and set me by the cherry tomatoes. I would eat and eat while she harvested or pulled weeds. I really don't know what she was doing. I was a little preoccupied. LOL!

There are two settings. One is in the scene selector menu. Pick the button with the green camera and it will be the second item from the top. Scroll down, press the right arrow button on the back (to the right of the "ok" button) then choose the "Close up" sceen selector mode.

The button below the OK button (the one with the little white flowers) is "macro mode" which when turned on will be indicated by some little green flowers in the top left ... but there are focus limitations if used alone. I've been able to get these to work together, although I've got the impression one is supposed to cancel the other.

nikon_11.jpg

Last edited:

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
I’ll have to keep looking for it, but I think there’s another one. But I’m not sure if it makes any difference which way you go about it. I have noticed the limitations. I just can’t get as close up as I want to so I have to back off until I get the green light.

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
My cherry tomatoes are starting to come in now. Nice pics.

OP
OP
Chadeaux

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
My cherry tomatoes are starting to come in now. Nice pics.

My wife likes to use these to make something very close to a "sauce piquante" (not to be confused with the "Picante Sauce" used with Mexican dishes). John Folse has a recipe here: Chicken Sauce Piquante - (Something Old) for a good "Chicken Sauce Piquante".

It's more likely to appeal to non-cajuns as it is a CENLA (Central Louisiana --- we view them as "northerners" or "yankees", as Justin Wilson used to say) version as opposed to a truly Cajun/Creole version.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread