Old Tucson Movie Set

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
PeteyGirl and I visited the Old Tucson movie set. MANY Hollywood productions were filmed here.
Old T.JPG

John Wayne did 4 or 5 movies here. Also, this locomotive is featured prominently in another movie "Joe Kidd" (Clint E)
Engine.JPG

We went on a stage coach ride. Kim drove. Viet Vet from 101st at Chu Lai. (tnx Kim)
DSC00601.JPG

Took lots of pics.
Stage A.JPG

Nice place.... We may die here together!
Tucson 2.JPG

The building here was in 3:10 to Yuma.... 1957. Teresa poses with me.
DSC00622.JPG

I could go on and on but we will save the rest...... one more.... The stage comes in with Ward Bond (Wagon Train) driving. Imagine the scene without the new ticket building far off at center. Yee Ha!
DSC00583.JPG ╦╦Ç

trdking

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like a hoot too bad you are now a dead horse thief

OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Looks like a hoot too bad you are now a dead horse thief
Tnx. I would like to add one more note. The locomotive has been filmed in over 100 movies. ╦╦Ç

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Looks like a great time! Thank you for sharing. :occasion14:

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Super shots!!!:hello2:

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like an awesome time, Terry! Did u drag any of your machines along, you know...look for some of those big silvers Clint E. and The Duke flipped to the bartenders? Thx for sharing, Ddf.

Ogre1190

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2015
Northern Illinois
Detector(s) used
MineLab E-Trac, MineLab Safari, MineLab Explorer XS,
White's 5000 D, White's 6DB, White's 5000 D GEB
Sunray X-1 for the ML's, Garrett PP for the White's and a Backhoe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I call Shotgun with Kim! Looks like a pretty neat place. 😁

OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
We were pooped so we did not stay for a special video. They put together a special movie of the movies that were filmed there. That is to say, all the recognizable buildings are pointed out so you can "re-see" them in your favorite cowboy movie. The building behind Teresa and I was in the original 3:10 To Yuma but was at the Mexican border when it was filmed in the movie. It was later moved to where it was. Read the sign behind Teresa. It will tell you that an actor named Ronald Reagan also did some movies here! Terrific heat today so MUCH of the place will be seen by us on another day. Here is a pick of the second crowned cactus that I have discovered. This one is on the way to the movie set.

DSC00563.JPG ╦╦Ç

OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Looks like an awesome time, Terry! Did u drag any of your machines along, you know...look for some of those big silvers Clint E. and The Duke flipped to the bartenders? Thx for sharing, Ddf.
Wish I could but those guys and gals are carrying GUNS! (unloaded) ╦╦Ç

Hawks88

Gold Member
Aug 26, 2012
Niagara falls
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice pics. Thanks for sharing. Looks like you two had a great time.

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Terry, love those westerns!

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like a fun time and I love the old locomotive. I'd say it looks pretty hot and hazy down your way as it was across the whole west it seems. I took this picture heading up to a copper mine outside of Yearington, Nevada at about 6:30 in the morning this last week and it was up in to the triple digit's and very smoky out there. I was driving real slow inspecting the berm on the side of the road kicked up by the road grader, as I have actually found an Indian artifact sitting on a berm like that before. The piece I found was a perfect stone perforator. Some miners I dealt with some time ago in northern New Mexico were telling me a story about a road grader that kicked up an old Spanish bar of silver once on the road cut close to the Rio Grande river just north of Questa New Mexico, but I can't find any story online about that, so maybe it was kept hush-hush or it's just a local lore?

Attachments

• trip 072018 2.jpg
    trip 072018 2.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 43
OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Looks like a fun time and I love the old locomotive. I'd say it looks pretty hot and hazy down your way as it was across the whole west it seems. I took this picture heading up to a copper mine outside of Yearington, Nevada at about 6:30 in the morning this last week and it was up in to the triple digit's and very smoky out there. I was driving real slow inspecting the berm on the side of the road kicked up by the road grader, as I have actually found an Indian artifact sitting on a berm like that before. The piece I found was a perfect stone perforator. Some miners I dealt with some time ago in northern New Mexico were telling me a story about a road grader that kicked up an old Spanish bar of silver once on the road cut close to the Rio Grande river just north of Questa New Mexico, but I can't find any story online about that, so maybe it was kept hush-hush or it's just a local lore?
Judy (CA) has a Mi-Wok Indian grinding bowl that her dad found on the property in '55. Nearby BLM land has pottery shards. That stuff is everywhere if you know where and how to look. Tucson will be warm.... no, HOT this week! 110 plus on Wednesday. ╦╦Ç

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use to have all of AZ as a territory and I wouldn't do my visits there in the winter, due to the cost of rooms if I could even find a room during that time of year. I almost always hit that region in the heat of the summer. I'd get up at 4AM and go call on end users with my dealers and come 3PM we'd hit happy hour in a nice air-conditioned bar. The one good thing is some of the best motels with all the amenities are pretty cheap that time of year down there.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread