Wall Drug Wall, SD

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yesterday I spent a little time at Wall Drug. Been there eleven times before when hunting in Wyoming.
DSC00194.JPG DSC00189.JPG

Inside hasn't changed much. Free coffee and donut to veterans.
DSC00200.JPG DSC00201.JPG I don't drink coffee.... the cup is empty.

I told these local girls they were at my table..... I last sat at it about 34 years ago.
DSC00204.JPG

I told them I would forgive their folly if I could get a pic.
I'm sitting with Carla with Linda nearby. Sue is taking the shot.
DSC00205.JPG

Now, on to Salt Lace City for some candy. Put 720 miles on yesterday. ╦╦Ç

Kray Gelder

Gold Member
Feb 24, 2017
Georgetown, SC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That place is an American icon. Glad to see it's still thriving. And by the way, Terry, you're pretty damn smooth with the ladies. Thanks for sharing.

Ronzie

May 27, 2009
Southern Ontario
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Outlaw w/Garrett pinpointer

past machines - Minelab Explorer SE Pro/ Garrett GTI 2500 /Garrett GTAx1000
I remember my wife and I's first road trip out west in 1996 and seeing all these signs for Wall Drug. We'd never heard of it but checked it out. Spent a couple of hours there before moving on to Mt. Rushmore, lot's of neat stuff there. I stopped back in 2003 on my way to Butte Montana for Evel Knievel Daze.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've only seen the many billboard signs along the highways. Now I know what it looks like.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thank you for sharing! :icon_thumleft:

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
TerryC, I think you are quite the flirt! Talk about a pick up line! Lol!

OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
TerryC, I think you are quite the flirt! Talk about a pick up line! Lol!

yes, quite the flirt. I try to meet the locals everywhere I go. The most important word in the English language is their name! Roxie, Kiara, Dan, Carla. BASKETS full of friends every time I go on an adventure. If I return to the same place, I will review their names and REALY make an impression! TTC

OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm back at DA HOUSE (motor home). Out since the 24th. Logged 5889 miles on "the bubble". Actually, add 200 more miles on the Jeep without the bubble and you have the length of this adventure. I predicted about 6000. Not far off. I have to get some sleep and then I'll post some Virgin River Gorge pics on Interstate 15 through AZ (NV?). STUNNING scenery there! ╦╦Ç (note.... the special letters mean I'm typing on the computer. Regular TTC means I was using my phone.... and no help from a ten year old! )

OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've only seen the many billboard signs along the highways. Now I know what it looks like.
Tamrock, Wall drug store is MUCH larger than the simple pics I've taken. It is an entire block of stores rolled into one... both sides of the street. It is a MUST STOP if traveling I90. ╦╦Ç

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yesterday I spent a little time at Wall Drug. Been there eleven times before when hunting in Wyoming.
View attachment 1619624 View attachment 1619625

Inside hasn't changed much. Free coffee and donut to veterans.
View attachment 1619626 View attachment 1619627 I don't drink coffee.... the cup is empty.

I told these local girls they were at my table..... I last sat at it about 34 years ago.
View attachment 1619628

I told them I would forgive their folly if I could get a pic.
I'm sitting with Carla with Linda nearby. Sue is taking the shot.
View attachment 1619629

Now, on to Salt Lace City for some candy. Put 720 miles on yesterday. ╦╦Ç
What !?!? Oh my God!!!!!!!!! "I don't drink coffee.... the cup is empty." Did the poles shift??????? Never in all my years would I have thought I'd hear this rolling out of a jarheads mouth! I think Chesty Puller just rolled over in his grave..........

OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What !?!? Oh my God!!!!!!!!! "I don't drink coffee.... the cup is empty." Did the poles shift??????? Never in all my years would I have thought I'd hear this rolling out of a jarheads mouth! I think Chesty Puller just rolled over in his grave..........
Not only THAT! I was a cop for 30 years on the third shift. NEVER had a cup in my entire life. Pepsi is my caffeine of choice. ╦╦Ç

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
yes, quite the flirt. I try to meet the locals everywhere I go. The most important word in the English language is their name! Roxie, Kiara, Dan, Carla. BASKETS full of friends every time I go on an adventure. If I return to the same place, I will review their names and REALY make an impression! TTC

Well, you're better than me. I can't remember names. :tongue3: But, I have flirted for years. :laughing9:

View attachment 1620221

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not only THAT! I was a cop for 30 years on the third shift. NEVER had a cup in my entire life. Pepsi is my caffeine of choice. ╦╦Ç
Aw cmon partner you're just tryin to see if you can make me fall off the chair! Now that you mentioning it. I got some great video. We had a missing lady here. I was watching the area cop doing a PC around the power company substation. Notice the brake lights (kind of hard to miss on an IR camera. Zoomed in to eliminate the brake lights & he walked around the unit & starts to pee. All of a sudden he jumps back about 6 ft. And gets on the horn. Pretty soon every unit in the area shows up. Hit him up to see what was going on. He tells me he found a DB. Told him to come see me when he clears. He shows up at the backdoor & I said there's goes the DNA. Blank look followed by Whatcha mean? Told him how you gonna explain your pee all over the skull? The look on his face was priceless!!!!!! As he starts to walk away I said "Guess you're a suspect now..........." Got the gesture over the shoulder, still don't know if he was telling me I was number 1 or saluting. For several years we'd see each other & never a word spoken just the two of us cracking up. Hold up a cup of coffee & he'd be laughing hysterically! Ya just gotta have fun with it!!!

OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread