Wickenburg Geodes

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Okay, it DOES say daily snapshots, so I've been adding some DAILY!

Another hot day on the desert.
dust devil.jpg

Just east of Wickenburg is a place where you can find lots of geodes.
broken.jpg
I took these photos with my phone as I forgot my camera (What? Terry without a camera!?) The broken one shows a center filled with crystals. BTW, I do not work for ICE. That flash drive has vital info if I'm hurt ( In Case of Emergency) The EMT's will look for it. Put one on your key chain!

They were EASY to just eyeball and pick up below this outcrop.
outcrop.jpg

You DON'T have to climb up there and get "battle scars" as I did.
blood.jpg

If you people are wondering where I am finding all these NEAT rocks and minerals lately, I am using this publication.
DSC00262.JPG

These small geodes (nodules) were not found where the book indicated. The outcrop above is easier to get to.
Jeep.jpg

Instead of following the "ruts" as indicated in the book, continue down into the wash in front of you and you will see the pictured out crop on your left immediately upon crossing the wash. You will find the nodules in the rock debris below the outcrop. Happy hunting. (I found about 3 dozen that day) ╦╦Ç

Attachments

• IMG_0844.JPG
    IMG_0844.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 302

tokameel

May 20, 2012
Mequon, Wi
Detector(s) used
In 1974- White.
Now a Garrett Ace 250.
8/30/12 using a Zircon m40 Stud Finder as a hand held pin pointer.
Primary Interest:
Other
Great pics. I love the dust devil in the first shot.

Reanm8er

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2018
Shenandoah Valley Va
Detector(s) used
WW2 Mine Detector, 2 Garrets and an Underwater Fisher (Older Machines)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool Geodes, I think the first one I ever saw was at the Luray Caverns. My dad had me walking around picking up round rocks to see if any of them felt light, but I never found one.I

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
I like the dust devil also. You keep posting them daily! I like the adventure.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Awesome photos! Thank you for sharing. :icon_thumleft:

Kray Gelder

Gold Member
Feb 24, 2017
Georgetown, SC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Looks like a great outing. The geodes are cool. A little blood demonstrates enthusiasm and vigor.

OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Looks like a great outing. The geodes are cool. A little blood demonstrates enthusiasm and vigor.
More like..... loose footing and stupidity! Once I was young and foolish. Now I'm old and foolish. Some things will just never change! ╦╦Ç

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
More like..... loose footing and stupidity! Once I was young and foolish. Now I'm old and foolish. Some things will just never change! ╦╦Ç

Change is inevitable things get better or things get worse nothing stays the same.

OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Change is inevitable things get better or things get worse nothing stays the same.
The only constant... is change. ╦╦Ç

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great pics again. Do you suppose that flash drive would get you finished off if the wrong people found you hurt in the desert, haha!

OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great pics again. Do you suppose that flash drive would get you finished off if the wrong people found you hurt in the desert, haha!
Let's look at this way....those that will dome harm in the desert would not have use for the info on the flash drive. On there I have blood type, who to contact, I am allergic to penicillin, things like that. No bank info or SS umber. I used to wear a penicillin bracelet but so much more will go onto the flashdrive. ALL police and EMT's are equipped with computers today so they will be able to access it. You can also encode passwords and personal info into it if you use an encryption app to so it. TTC

OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Oh, ok..... ICE! I get it! No, If confronted by bad guys, they would probably start shooting long before they could read the acronym. I carry a .45 caliber paddle for such situations! TTC

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think sometimes when I throw in my hat, I'll just be a rock hounding fool. It's something that caught my attention a long time ago when I was just a little goyder maybe six or seven years old I was finding all these pretty rocks in the alleyways of the Chicago area where I lived back then. I picked some up and took em home. My mom then got me a rock and mineral book and then I would get those cheap sample rock and mineral collection's for my birthday. I guess I leaned early what rock was what. I'm not so much of a collector today, but I still enjoy scanning countryside looking for anything of interest. A buddy of mine in Washington emailed me this article he saw on the news about these Ellensburg blue agates that I also posted in the treasure in the news forum. https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.kg...stern-washington-town&contentId=283-582979141 Maybe I'll just take a trip out there sometime and look for these things. One of my customers that buys stuff for their rhodochrosite mine in Park country Colorado is in the business of rare mineral specimens and they go all over the world to buy these rare items for their wealthy clients, alongside of operating that mine. This is a link to their company. https://collectorsedge.com I so enjoy making deliveries to thier warehouse and checking out all the stuff they have.

OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Tamrock, the biggest disappointment is that most rock and mineral books have museum quality specimens in their pictures. The rocks you and I find look nothing like those pics. That often disappointed me while growing up. I’m giving it another go in my spare time (retirement). Stayed tuned.... sometime today I will post the agates PeteyGirl and I found Sunday. The post will include mention of Kit Karson and an Indian ambush in the area. TTC

OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Not agates..... geodes! TTC

OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Oh, ok..... ICE! I get it! No, If confronted by bad guys, they would probably start shooting long before they could read the acronym. I carry a .45 caliber paddle for such situations! TTC
That’s as in up sh** creek without one! TTC

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread