tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
These I took yesterday as I left Green River Utah and headed down through Moab and took the road east into LaSal Utah and again onto hwy 50 in Colorado over Monarch pass and up the upper Arkansas river valley over Fremont pass to I70 and then on home. I have to say I'm glade to be back home and if I didn't take any pictures along this recent trip the whole thing would be just a blur as to where I'd gone and what all I saw. It gets that way sometime when I travel and at times I wakeup in a motel and have to think sometimes where I am for a moment ???... Anyways these are what they mean by what's written on the sign at the borders of Colorado saying "Welcome to Colorful Colorado" It's diffidently a great time of the year, but boy there is sure a lot of traffic anymore from Moab all the way to Denver in the central part of the state. There a lot of folks who love to visit the mountain this time of the year for sure.

Attachments

• trip 091418 1.jpg
    trip 091418 1.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 52
  • trip 091418 2.jpg
    trip 091418 2.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 60
  • trip 091418 3.jpg
    trip 091418 3.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 43
  • trip 091418 4.jpg
    trip 091418 4.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 53
  • trip 091418 5.jpg
    trip 091418 5.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 44
  • trip 091418 6.jpg
    trip 091418 6.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 64

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
These I took yesterday as I left Green River Utah and headed down through Moab and took the road east into LaSal Utah and again onto hwy 50 in Colorado over Monarch pass and up the upper Arkansas river valley over Fremont pass to I70 and then on home. I have to say I'm glade to be back home and if I didn't take any pictures along this recent trip the whole thing would be just a blur as to where I'd gone and what all I saw. It gets that way sometime when I travel and at times I wakeup in a motel and have to think sometimes where I am for a moment ???... Anyways these are what they mean by what's written on the sign at the borders of Colorado saying "Welcome to Colorful Colorado" It's diffidently a great time of the year, but boy there is sure a lot of traffic anymore from Moab all the way to Denver in the central part of the state. There a lot of folks who love to visit the mountain this time of the year for sure.

Fall colors are beautiful. Thanks for sharing!

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Very nice pics. Ready for the cooler weather. :icon_thumright:

fyrffytr1

Gold Member
Mar 5, 2010
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My wife likes these. When the leaves change down here they go from green to brown!

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Those five posts were absolutely wonderful, thank you for sharing! :occasion14:

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
Wow Grant, that first photo (trip 091418 1) is absolutely amazing!! Would be "just another beautiful pic" :tongue3: if not for the hue of the mountains. Wow, easily the best photo I've seen in a LONG time!!

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow Grant, that first photo (trip 091418 1) is absolutely amazing!! Would be "just another beautiful pic" :tongue3: if not for the hue of the mountains. Wow, easily the best photo I've seen in a LONG time!!
Keith, your back, This scene is best I believe in the later afternoon. There wasn't a cloud anywhere that day all through the drive in the mountains. Also I can only capture what I can with this camera. There's a pull off for this scene of the San Juan's on highway 62 out of Ridgeway Colorado and I'll very often see photographers set up with some pretty expensive camera gear on tripods taking pictures there. Here's some I've found on line taken from that spot off the highway. It's a pretty popular place to just stop and gaze at the wonders of it all and it's never the same scene out of the hundreds of times I had to have driven by it over the last 20+ years.

Attachments

• wilson-peak-autumn.jpg
    wilson-peak-autumn.jpg
    304.2 KB · Views: 47
  • colorados-san-juan-mountains-peter-kunasz.jpg
    colorados-san-juan-mountains-peter-kunasz.jpg
    175.3 KB · Views: 45
  • F-150-F-18W8C-L.jpg
    F-150-F-18W8C-L.jpg
    171.6 KB · Views: 43

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
Keith, your back
That's just a vicious lie. :tongue3:

In all honesty Grant, I like the variety and placement of colors in your pic the best of any others in this thread. :notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

If you wouldn't mind, I'd like to keep this as a wallpaper on my PC. ...And I've never saved or used any other pic for that purpose!

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't care ain't no copyright on any of my pictures.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread