Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
A neighbor's cat was on the roof of my neighbor's outbuilding this morning and was so engrossed in watching the robins playing in another neighbor's yard that he/she was totally oblivious to me until I pressed the shutter. Then I became the focus of his/her attention.

DSCN2144.jpg

DSCN2146.jpg

DSCN2148.jpg

DSCN2149.jpg

This robin seems to be saying to my big black 25 pound kitty who was trying to sneak up on him (Tigger is too slow to catch a cold so he wasn't a threat): "You're Batman? Yeah, like I haven't heard that line before!"

DSCN2143.jpg

cactusrat

Jun 27, 2012
South Texas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
How did these pictures get posted? In last the picture, looks like the cat was coming to get you.

The robin does look mad.

Nice pictures.

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Nice pics. Thanks.

OP
OP
Chadeaux

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
How did these pictures get posted? In last the picture, looks like the cat was coming to get you.

The robin does look mad.

Nice pictures.

Nah, he would have had to make a 25 foot jump into a 12" X 12" window. Oh, I would have needed to forget to close it when he jumped.

Actually, that might have been an interesting picture.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I inherited a cat maybe 4 years ago now, after he was abandoned by my youngest daughter who moved to Texas. He's made me his new friend for life now. He's sleeping here on my lap right now. My wife doesn't care much for him and sometimes he'll go up to her and stare at her and meow. That kind of creeps her out for some reason and she calls me to come get him. I think he knows what he's doing to her just to be ornery. :cat:

Attachments

• IMG_20180917_105108.jpg
    IMG_20180917_105108.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 46
Last edited:
OP
OP
Chadeaux

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Yeah, cats are weird. Ours has a lot of "Maine Coon" in him, so he's very vocal.

He has attached himself to my wife, and has a fit when she's not here. If my wife leaves him inside when she goes somewhere, he has been heard walking down the hall saying "mama" like he's calling her.

I thought my daughter was making that story up until he came to my door a few days ago and mewed. I looked at him and said "Hello", to which he tried very hard to reply "Hello".

If your cat just sits and stares at your wife and mews, it's probably just wanting her attention.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, cats are weird. Ours has a lot of "Maine Coon" in him, so he's very vocal.

He has attached himself to my wife, and has a fit when she's not here. If my wife leaves him inside when she goes somewhere, he has been heard walking down the hall saying "mama" like he's calling her.

I thought my daughter was making that story up until he came to my door a few days ago and mewed. I looked at him and said "Hello", to which he tried very hard to reply "Hello".

If your cat just sits and stares at your wife and mews, it's probably just wanting her attention.
She's creeped out by cats. It was not easy for her to say okay to our daughter for her to bring home a cat, but she agreed. My wife's fear of mice is pretty extreme, so being this cat has a worthwhile function he gets to stay. He's maybe 10 years of being here now.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread