tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I took my kids out for a walk on the pathways here around home yesterday morning, as we have several routes of pathways to go on. This one goes around a housing area and goes by a listed historic farm and a lake named Price Lake 2. were many Pelicans have been gathering lately. It was giving the name by descendants of the people who owed the farm of their ancestor named Hiram Prince b. 1824 who was an early Colorado pioneer who owned much of this land around here and maybe even the land my house sits on today? Reading about old Hiram he had a extraordinary life it seems and in a book of early Colorado pioneers I read that at the age of only 12 years, he left home and went aboard a whaling ship. He in the end had much to do with laying out much of the early irrigation ditches around here. He died in 1921 and is buried here in our local cemetery at age 96. We walked around this other lake called Erie Lake that is a municipal water supply for the town of Erie, Colorado. You can fish for Bass, Catfish and Blue Gill in this lake, but you must only catch & release all the Bass. I was told they are somehow an asset in keeping the water quality good somehow?. Bella saw little bluegill small fry swinging at a boat ramp and she went in to see if maybe she could catch one. She dreams of being a cunning predator at times. She caught a vole one time and she shook it to death and she was pretty uppity acting after that and felling like a real killer. Once she came face to face with a snapping turtle on a trail along a creek and I could see she was ready to go take it on, but held her back on that guy, because she wouldn't look so cute without her nose I was thinking. The turtle walked slowly away and she was jumping and yipping on the leash as if it's getting away and felt sure it wasn't gonna out run her like everything else can.

Attachments

• walk 092218 1.jpg
    walk 092218 1.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 45
  • walk 092218 2.jpg
    walk 092218 2.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 43
  • walk 092218 3.jpg
    walk 092218 3.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 47
  • walk 092218 4.jpg
    walk 092218 4.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 59
  • walk 092218 5.jpg
    walk 092218 5.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 44
  • walk 092218 6.jpg
    walk 092218 6.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:
OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That pic of Bella is funny..Soggy Doggy.:laughing7:

GOD Bless

Chris
She's pretty dinky when she's all soaked. A chicken has more meat on it's leg than she does on hers.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Beautiful area, thank you for sharing! :occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread