Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nothing really tied together with these pics. Camped up at Green Mtn. Reservoir last night where the rain came in but didn't turn to snow at least. Went over to Officer's Gulch hiking around this a.m. Gas price at Copper Mtn., which is about 2 dollars higher than anywhere else for some reason. Finally, a pic of what our weather was doing one year ago today. Snow in the forecast for later this week.

Attachments

• 10-1a.jpg
    10-1a.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 56
  • 10-2aa.jpg
    10-2aa.jpg
    140.9 KB · Views: 56
  • 10-2bb.jpg
    10-2bb.jpg
    198.5 KB · Views: 57
  • 10-2cc.jpg
    10-2cc.jpg
    133.3 KB · Views: 51
  • 10-2a.jpg
    10-2a.jpg
    118.3 KB · Views: 51

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That snow is coming. I guess pretty soon I think I heard. I was up on the peak to peak highway this morning and it was drizzling rain up there. Lot's of pretty colors though. Seems I'm always putting ten bucks in the tank at that copper mountain station, just to get home. I will say it's a pretty convenient pull off over all the gas stations in the area and there's always an available pump to get in and get back on the road. I used to have a crow friend there at officers gulch. It recognized me and my vehicle and come down and know I'd have some granola bars to share.

Last edited:

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Very beautiful photos! I’m glad you have a little more fall this year.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great shots!:headbang:!

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Thanks, that snow pic cools us off a little. :icon_thumright:

OP
OP
RGINN

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That Officers Gulch has a history. It was named for an early day miner, Tim Officer. The forest service had a pretty nice campground there. In 1982, Hell's Angels decided to rent the place out for a national gathering. Pretty quiet over all, but one member was shot off his motorcycle on I-70 in a failed assassination attempt. Not too long after that, the whole campground got shut down. You can still wander around, fish, but no camping. I detect there all the time around the old campsites, but so far nothin I could connect to the Angels. If you go on the south side of I-70 at Officers Gulch, tr, you can check out the old dugout shelters used by early day railroad workers. (I don't detect that site, though. Might be some problems.)

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Awesome photos, thank you for sharing! :occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread