Hey, Terry Soloman!!

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Try a little variation in your diet. Spooned right out of the can. Num num!! TTC
DSC00816.JPG

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just need a little Tabasco baby!!!!! :laughing7:

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Which one do you want with your knives T?

Attachments

• P1060768.JPG
    P1060768.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 81
  • P1060771.JPG
    P1060771.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 90
OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Which one do you want with your knives T?

Barbed wire, please. I will go back up to Yarnell on Monday and send the payment. I will "round up" to cover mailing. I probably have the address in the PM spot but please send again so I am sure. Tnx. TTC

trdking

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Turkey SPAM is like TOFU Chicken Not the same at all.

trdking

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love how Military SPAM still has its influence in Hawaii. You can't go to an off the beaten path breakfast house on any Island without seeing SPAm and eggs on the menu. It positively became a staple food of the Islanders who traded "things" For this food. Its kind of like How the French adore that dehydrated crystal poor excuse for coffee called Nescafe. Which was included in EVERY humanitarian food drop during WW2. They have come to love it so much that the French Bought the Corporation from us.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My favorite C-ration was "Ham & Eggs" with "Pecan Roll." If you really got desperate, you could replace the 203, with a well placed Pecan Roll throw! :laughing7:

OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Any C-rats with cigarettes. I didn't smoke and could always trade them for the chocolate or p&j. TTC

trdking

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any C-rats with cigarettes. I didn't smoke and could always trade them for the chocolate or p&j. TTC
Finding old WW2 Rations is an exciting day. The food is still somewhat attemptable with the event of some packaging failures over all the years but the prize in a WW2 ration is the pack of green table Lucky strikes which fetches a decent price on the open market today as a rare collectible

dts52

Bronze Member
Jun 20, 2015
NW CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox800 / AT Pro / AT Gold / Makro Racer
Vibra-probe / TRX pp
Primary Interest:
Other
Who still has their P38? I do.
HH
dts

uglymailman

Bronze Member
Feb 3, 2010
I'll pass on the Turkey Spam but don't mind some fried on bread if I've got enough mustard. The Brits are crazy for the stuff. Think it was 60 mins. that did a show on it.
A few yrs. ago they closed down an old Emergency Fallout Shelter here. When I was a kid they were everywhere. Post Offices, Courthouses etc. Had one in an underground limestone mine. When they shut it down they found several 5 gallon cans of "jawbreakers". I understand the sugar/glucose whatever was supposed to give you enough energy to keep you alive. Somehow, after 40 yrs. of sitting around they were still intact and eatable, like the Gvt. chicken that reads "Grade D but eatable." Good luck.

TommyB

Jul 24, 2013
OC, Calif
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Surf PI & Whites DFX
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Every good Marine knows to always carry tabasco sauce. I remember we used to throw the pimento cheese tins in the fire (unopened) and wait for them to go off on the newbies standing nearby keeping warm. The rumor was that if you added a canteen of water to the pound cake, it would turn into a full size cake. THAT was some dry pound cake.

OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I used the fruit cake to kill rats up at Phu Bai. Open it and put between your boots. Bayonet 'em and stack 'em! TTC

trdking

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Every good Marine knows to always carry tabasco sauce. I remember we used to throw the pimento cheese tins in the fire (unopened) and wait for them to go off on the newbies standing nearby keeping warm. The rumor was that if you added a canteen of water to the pound cake, it would turn into a full size cake. THAT was some dry pound cake.
Reminds me of the foreskin wallets, that when rubbed turn into brief cases

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I'll betcha it tastes like Chicken. "Semper Fi".

nomad 11

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2009
nomads land
Detector(s) used
any tector i can get my hands on
I'll pass on the Turkey Spam but don't mind some fried on bread if I've got enough mustard. The Brits are crazy for the stuff. Think it was 60 mins. that did a show on it.
A few yrs. ago they closed down an old Emergency Fallout Shelter here. When I was a kid they were everywhere. Post Offices, Courthouses etc. Had one in an underground limestone mine. When they shut it down they found several 5 gallon cans of "jawbreakers". I understand the sugar/glucose whatever was supposed to give you enough energy to keep you alive. Somehow, after 40 yrs. of sitting around they were still intact and eatable, like the Gvt. chicken that reads "Grade D but eatable." Good luck.
dang ! that's where they're hiding the jaw breakers. I go to dollar tree looking, looking ? no jaw breakers ? i'm thinking the Pres. must have put a tariff on them ? huh ?:icon_scratch: I guess i'm the only one looking ?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread