tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yesterday I went to a mine up by Empire, Colorado and the weather was as expected at that altitude this time of the year up there. The squirrel I took out the back window as he was on the porch eating an apple that fell off the tree in the back yard. The berries on that vine there are the one on a Virginia creeper and the birds won't eat them until they become total hard and dried out and then they'll be gobbling them up in short time, so they must know when they those berries are safe to eat or something?. The Virginia creeper also has these little yellow flowers in the spring and when they blossom there are so many honey bee's collecting the pollen from those tiny little flowers I swear the filling in your teeth will hum from all the buzzing those hundreds of bee's are making flying all over those vines. The cottonwood trees around the lake are all bare of leaves now and we have no more fall colors to enjoy around here. Today I went up to Guernsey Wyoming and it was a little brisk, but nice and sunny, so when I was done in Guernsey, I went to a town near by called Hartville, which was an early copper mining town that later they mined iron ore at up until the 1980's, but it's pretty much a ghost town now. The old red stone building is said to be Wyoming's oldest continually operating Bar. It looked as if it was open, but there was only one car parked in front, so I'm thinking it's not a real hop'n place. A little history sign in town said at one time Hartville had as many as 13 saloons and gambling halls, bordellos and an opera house that held live vaudeville productions.

Attachments

• trip 110918 5.jpg
    trip 110918 5.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 85
  • trip 110918 1.jpg
    trip 110918 1.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 86
  • trip 110918 2.jpg
    trip 110918 2.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 82
  • trip 110918 3.jpg
    trip 110918 3.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 80
  • trip 110918 4.jpg
    trip 110918 4.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 81
  • trip 110918 6.jpg
    trip 110918 6.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 100
Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice photos! :occasion14:

I would love to restore that old truck! :icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like the old truck.
Yeah, I like those old survivors also. Most the old trucks you'll see of that era 1923-25 are the Ford Model T's, but I'm not sure what this one is? Maybe a Graham? I'll be on the road all of next, so maybe I'll focus on pictures of the old wheels of the past, as I do see them here and there.

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice photos! :occasion14:

I would love to restore that old truck! :icon_thumleft:
I think that on just about ever other old abandoned vehicle I see out there. I use to work in a body shop in the mid 70's and I thought that's what I was going to do the remainder of my working life, but that just wasn't the case. You did it all back then, pounding out fenders, fine finish, prime then paint. There was still the good old chrome bumpers on most cars back then and I'd take the bent up ones and exchange them at a bumper shop that most the time had one already to swap all straightened out and re-chromed. That was fun work, but you do need a lot of tools and time, to do it that way. Today it just doesn't take much to total a car out, so most now after a good bang up head to the scrap yard and for minor damage I think they just swap out the sheet metal or the plastic which ever it be.

Last edited:
OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is the place the squirrel was eating an apple a few days ago on this Sunday morning. I guess it's gonna come down all day until Monday morning. It's going to be a long haul for me this coming week.

Attachments

• IMG_20181111_062355336.jpg
    IMG_20181111_062355336.jpg
    716.9 KB · Views: 58

Joseph08

Nov 19, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love to see these beautiful photos. Good work!

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks for the story and the pics. Made me giggle when I read, "filling in your teeth will hum from all the buzzing." I, also, like the ole truck. And I am beginning to wonder, with all these squirrel sightings of them fattening up, if we aren't going to be in for a doozie of a winter?

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't know:dontknow:. I think squirrels just know how to exploit every opportunity they see.

Attachments

• weather-2019_-us_winter-rsize.png
    weather-2019_-us_winter-rsize.png
    322.4 KB · Views: 59
OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do remember that was gonna be on a month ago, but I missed it. The show on the link is scrambled, so I guess I need to sign up or something? I've always been amazed by the ability of squirrels. I've only the red or fox squirrels around home, but in the high country they're several different species, but they a lot more timid and little harder to capture a shot, but I do have some.

Hawks88

Gold Member
Aug 26, 2012
Niagara falls
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I really like the first pic. If you know someone that paints that would look awesome on canvas. Yes I like to old truck too. Thanks for sharing the beautiful photos.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great pics I want that truck

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread