OP
OP
V

VanGone

Bronze Member
Jul 28, 2007
Re: A painting of "Babe"

bean man said:
Yes! It's on Ingersol Ave now, I think. His stuff doesn't make yours look like it was painted with a broom, but he is very good. I like the Whitetail artist from Ankeny, but I can't remember his name. ::)
The Ankeny artist is Larry Zach. He is really good with White Tails. I use to compete in the Iowa stamp contest and first ran into him in about 1986 or so. He won the Iowa Duck stamp contest that year on his first try.He's been on a roll ever since. Lots of his prints have really went up in value.He use to teach in the Ankeny school district.
Van

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

At least you're good enough to take a shot van. At that level of competition there isn't much difference between first place and the rest of the competition. Congrats on that too.

OP
OP
V

VanGone

Bronze Member
Jul 28, 2007

packerbacker said:
At least you're good enough to take a shot van. At that level of competition there isn't much difference between first place and the rest of the competition. Congrats on that too.
Thanks PB.Theres some really good young artist coming up and my eyes are just not good enought to compete against them anymore,but it is fun to try.
Van

OP
OP
V

VanGone

Bronze Member
Jul 28, 2007

ronwoodcraft said:
Beautiful Ed!! You know I have always admired your style. :)
Thanks Ron,hope all is well in beautiful Oregon.
Ed

junkdigger

Sep 15, 2004
clarkston,wa.

HaHa! I had to read every post here to see if you were Maynard Reese! Well,I see some of his influence in your art. You do have great talent!

OP
OP
V

VanGone

Bronze Member
Jul 28, 2007

junkdigger said:
HaHa! I had to read every post here to see if you were Maynard Reese! Well,I see some of his influence in your art. You do have great talent!
Thank you for the nice compliment JD.I have met Maynard Reese and he is a very humble person willing to help others.
Van

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana

Van! Your paintings are stunning... and i mean awesome! I really enjoy your work.

As a Pen & Ink artist, and a NOT skilled painter with watercolors, I really appreciate your stuff.

Thanks for posting! :)

OP
OP
V

VanGone

Bronze Member
Jul 28, 2007

Montana Jim said:
Van! Your paintings are stunning... and i mean awesome! I really enjoy your work.

As a Pen & Ink artist, and a NOT skilled painter with watercolors, I really appreciate your stuff.

Thanks for posting! :)
Thank you for your kind words Jim. I love wildlife and enjoy trying to paint it.
Van

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread