Crowned cactus number SIX!

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yesterday, eastbound on AZ 74 from Wickenburg, I saw this cactus at mile 5.9. It is about 100 yards south of the highway. Had to crawl under the hwy fence to get the pic. OUCH!

DSC00470.JPG DSC00470.JPG TTC OOPS! double pic.... sorry.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Very interesting cactus photograph! :occasion14:

OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I like your posts Terry, you're out there havin' some fun.
You will like what I am lining up for the next week or so! Tomorrow, I will start driving the entire U S Route 60 from Brenda, AZ to Virginia Beach, VA. I am in Quartzsite tonight, getting ready. I figure it will take a week or so. I will record and post here. You have seen some of 60 in my Billy The Kid post through NM. I will ultimately end up in FL for Christmas. TTC

OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
You will like what I am lining up for the next week or so! Tomorrow, I will start driving the entire U S Route 60 from Brenda, AZ to Virginia Beach, VA. I am in Quartzsite tonight, getting ready. I figure it will take a week or so. I will record and post here. You have seen some of 60 in my Billy The Kid post through NM. I will ultimately end up in FL for Christmas. TTC

Have a SAFE Blessed trip Terry.

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Terry, looking forward to your posts of your upcoming trip! Safe travels!

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You are the MAN!

Attachments

• JoyIII 035a.jpg
    JoyIII 035a.jpg
    274.3 KB · Views: 58
  • JoyIII 035.jpg
    JoyIII 035.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 73

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Quartzite, I used to drive through that town on my way to Yuma then on Winter Haven, Cail. I called Quartzite RV-Ville. I was able to use the word quartzite in a game of Scrabble one time. I first spelled out quartz and later got the opportunity to add ite to it. After that everyone else in the game kind of lost interest, as that put me way ahead of the game.

OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I Think it is spelled Quartzsite. Re-figure your scores! Ha! I did day one of this adventure. 560 miles. I left Quartzsite at five this morning. I went to Brenda, AZ, the modern day beginning of U S 60.
DSC00008.JPG

After awhile, I noticed my odometer mileage was different than the U S 60 mile markers. It appears the state of AZ considers the starting of 60 at the Colorado River, CA/AZ border. Ok. 60 is a good smooth road but it goes almost to downtown Phoenix. I had to turn left here and then right quickly among goofy drivers!
DSC00011.JPG

Nice ride after that. Very beautiful and scenic drive into a HUGE canyon at the San Carlos Indian Reservation.
DSC00023.JPG DSC00027.JPG

Welcome to Show Low, AZ!
DSC00034.JPG

Long drive with very few good fuel stops/places to stay free.

The sun popped out long enough to take a pic of the mountains NE of Socorro, NM as the sun was setting.
DSC00035.JPG

I had to travel 15 miles further north than the U S 60 turn off (of I 25) to find a truck stop (Loves) to stay and send this post. I have an internet connection contract with Loves. Now, as I write this, it is only 6:30 pm but it was a long day. I lost my hearing aid at one of the fuel stops and only noticed when I stopped here. $3500 pissed away! I'll go to the VA for another. If I get a good place to post tomorrow's drive, watch for it! TTC

OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Update: I seem to have a butt-kicker cold starting. I probably should lay low for a day or two.... or even finish this in the spring.... stay in warmer climates 'til then. Haven't been sick in YEARS! Gotta watch it. TTC

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So the town is spelled with an S, cuz the mineral isn't. Stayed a few nights in Show Low, as i considered it as the place of cool air after I got the heck out of Phoenix, because most my trips there were in the off season, during the summer months as it was much cheaper to stay in Phoenix when it was hot as hell. What a difference it is at night in temperature from Phoenix to Show Low. Wish I knew you were going through Socorro, as there's a wonderful mineral display at the college there. No charge either.

OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So the town is spelled with an S, cuz the mineral isn't. Stayed a few nights in Show Low, as i considered it as the place of cool air after I got the heck out of Phoenix, because most my trips there were in the off season, during the summer months as it was much cheaper to stay in Phoenix when it was hot as hell. What a difference it is at night in temperature from Phoenix to Show Low. Wish I knew you were going through Socorro, as there's a wonderful mineral display at the college there. No charge either.
Gotta "git" into warmer climates and see what happens with my health. Would not be fun to finish the trip in misery. I'll git 'er done sooner or later. TTC

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Feel better buddy!!:skullflag:

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Cool posts, Terry C! I’m sorry you’re sick! I’m praying for His healing touch be upon you!

OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Cool posts, Terry C! I’m sorry you’re sick! I’m praying for His healing touch be upon you!
Tnx! Could use a few prayers.... and a few vicadin to help ease the pain. TTC

OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My favorite state...
DSC00037.JPG

Dawn in Texas.
DSC00038.JPG TTC

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread