Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Odd green mushroom ... not sure what it is called.

DSCN2360.jpg

Crazy strawberry plant is putting on some new leaves ...

DSCN2400.jpg

Icewing

Silver Member
Jan 5, 2016
NW Arkanslaw
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 900 / Garrett PropointerAT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The title tricked me like a rusty washer.
It sounded good.

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
LOL! Kray, I was going to say, "That looks like mold growing on a fungi." Thanks for clearing that up.

Chadeaux, I really like the details that are visible on that strawberry stem. :icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
Chadeaux

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Nice pics. That looks like an algae growing ON a fungi.

LOL! Kray, I was going to say, "That looks like mold growing on a fungi." Thanks for clearing that up.

Maybe ... any idea what is growing on this one? Taken September 2017 but the camera would never focus properly. Of several shots, this is the closest to being in focus.

DSCN0812.jpg

This mushroom has a similar shape, but the colors are way different. They grew a year apart and about 30 feet apart. The blue one in shade, the green one in direct sunlight most of the PM.

Last edited:
Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Cool photo! :occasion14:

Hawks88

Gold Member
Aug 26, 2012
Niagara falls
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice pics. I like the strawberry stem pic. Thanks for sharing.

Kray Gelder

Gold Member
Feb 24, 2017
Georgetown, SC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Maybe ... any idea what is growing on this one? Taken September 2017 but the camera would never focus properly. Of several shots, this is the closest to being in focus.

View attachment 1657475

This mushroom has a similar shape, but the colors are way different. They grew a year apart and about 30 feet apart. The blue one in shade, the green one in direct sunlight most of the PM.

They both look like some type of bracken fungi, that are longer lived than mushrooms, so there is time for a colony of algae or bacteria to establish themselves. That must be a really damp area where you took the photos. The second blue one ( I don't know what the blue is ) is surrounded by sphagnum moss. Interesting pics. Thanks.

OP
OP
Chadeaux

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
They both look like some type of bracken fungi, that are longer lived than mushrooms, so there is time for a colony of algae or bacteria to establish themselves. That must be a really damp area where you took the photos. The second blue one ( I don't know what the blue is ) is surrounded by sphagnum moss. Interesting pics. Thanks.

Not just a "damp area" but during the "damp season" LOL!!! Fall and spring around here have a lot of rainfall.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool pics thanks for posting those

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread