Don in SJ

Don in SJ

Silver Member
May 20, 2005
Detector(s) used
MINELAB SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So, on April 30th, a Black Swallowtail emerged from the pupa and on May 1st the first Giant Swallowtail emerged, and late this afternoon on May 2nd, a 2nd Giant Swallowtail was there in the terrarium.

Earlier today we let the Black Swallowtail go, it and the first Giant Swallowtail seemed to not like each other and the Black being a day older wanted to fly away, so we left it go.

We were about to let the Giant Swallowtail go also, and went my wife took the lid off, on the lid was a second Giant Swallowtail, and we thought perhaps it would fly away, but evidently it is not quite ready yet to fly on its own, since we left it try and it only made it to a nearby pine tree, so back in the terrarium it went for the night, rather than have a bird come along for an easy meal.

I think there are two more pupae not hatched, so perhaps there will be another one or two. Kyle is totally overexcited now, especially since we left him have the butterfly on his finger for a few minutes before putting it back in the terrarium....

Don

Attachments

• Giant1.jpg
    Giant1.jpg
    119.7 KB · Views: 227
  • KyGiantSwallowtail2.jpg
    KyGiantSwallowtail2.jpg
    142.9 KB · Views: 221
  • KyHoldingButterfly.jpg
    KyHoldingButterfly.jpg
    124.4 KB · Views: 212
  • tickled.jpg
    tickled.jpg
    168.5 KB · Views: 199

COUNTRY GIRL

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2006
WESTERN MASS
The look on Kyle's face is PRICELESS! :thumbsup: So how early was he up and checking on them today? :D What a great experience for him. He will never forget it.

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
That is so very sweet to watch Kyle with the butterfly....this is a lesson he may have never had the chance to learn in such a special way. Love the photos!!

Mona Lisa

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2005
Great Falls, Montana
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & a Sunray probe
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Wonderful unique story, Don. Real life....a great lesson for Kyle. :thumbsup:

Did you buy your wife that candy bracelet, Big Spender? :P :P :tard:

OP
OP
Don in SJ

Don in SJ

Silver Member
May 20, 2005
Detector(s) used
MINELAB SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mona Lisa said:
Wonderful unique story, Don. Real life....a great lesson for Kyle. :thumbsup:
Did you buy your wife that candy bracelet, Big Spender? :P :P :tard:

LOL Lisa, that is how I stayed married to her for 40 years, showered her with great expensive presents! :tongue3:

Don

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions