tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My oldest daughter got me an Alexa for Christmas. I never thought I wanted one of those, but I can ask it what's the temperature and all kinds of stuff. The first thing I asked it was, When will the world end. She only told me that if some unforeseen event takes place such as an asteroid impact or something that can wipeout the planet we know nothing about at the time, the sun is estimated to burnout in something like 20 billion years? This morning she said it's 3 degrees outside at 4:30 AM with an expected high of 39. The suns ray first hit my Cottonwood on the west side of my house between me and the neighbors house on the branches of the south side of the tree. I saw this squirrel come along with something to eat from across the street and climb out on the branches hit by the rays of the sun to enjoy it's breakfast. I bet that sun sure felt good to this little critter after a cold night.

Attachments

• walk 122918 1.jpg
    walk 122918 1.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 72

RVRoamer73

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2016
Georgia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 Nox 800
Stealth 720i ,RTG 6"
Lesche GS 36
Predator Raptor
TRX pp
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now that's up close with fine detail. Thanks for sharing and making our weather seem balmy.:thumbsup:

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thank you for sharing! :occasion14:

Jim in Idaho

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2012
Blackfoot, Idaho
Detector(s) used
White's GM2, GM3, DFX, Coinmaster, TDI-SL, GM24K, Falcon MD20, old Garrett Masterhunter BFO
'Way Too Cool' dual 18 Watt UV light
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Yup, winter is here for sure, Grant. Windchill here was -10 today, and the temp is 2.7* right now...headed for -8 without the wind. if it blows tomorrow, it's going to get a little chilly...LOL Nice pic, by the way!
Jim

lairmo

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2009
SW MO
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro/ Fisher M-Scope 1280-X
Broke up with Alexa...nice Squirrel!!!

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yup, winter is here for sure, Grant. Windchill here was -10 today, and the temp is 2.7* right now...headed for -8 without the wind. if it blows tomorrow, it's going to get a little chilly...LOL Nice pic, by the way!
Jim
We got the snow yesterday, but only 3" of dusty dry type. Down to 4 degrees now. That Idaho can be pretty cold and damp. I spent many nights in Wallace, ID, doing work at the silver mines. Stayed at the Brooks motel every night and that damp cold can really penetrates that cold down into your bones.

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Broke up with Alexa...nice Squirrel!!!
She's stupid. There a lot she can't answer.... Sorry! I don't know that one. I was hoping she could tell me when Jesus is coming back down , but I guess Jesus himself doesn't even know that one. Only his father in heaven knows when that'll be.

Last edited:

fyrffytr1

Gold Member
Mar 5, 2010
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's winter for sure. Only got up to 78 today and will struggle to reach 75 tomorrow! Come on springtime!:laughing7:

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Great close up! I think, if it had fleas, you could see them!

Has your Alexa started laughing in the middle of the night for no apparent reason yet? I don't want that technology in my house, but I guess Mr WD has something coming. Oh yippy skippy!

Jim in Idaho

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2012
Blackfoot, Idaho
Detector(s) used
White's GM2, GM3, DFX, Coinmaster, TDI-SL, GM24K, Falcon MD20, old Garrett Masterhunter BFO
'Way Too Cool' dual 18 Watt UV light
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
We got the snow yesterday, but only 3" of dusty dry type. Down to 4 degrees now. That Idaho can be pretty cold and damp. I spent many nights in Wallace, ID, doing work at the silver mines. Stayed at the Brooks motel every night and that damp cold can really penetrates that cold down into your bones.

We usually get a drier snow here, than up north. But our temps are usually much colder, due to the higher elevation. You're right about the humidity, though. That damp cold goes right through everything. Lowest temp winter I ever spent was at Crested Butte, CO. Every morning, for 4 months it was -42 to -45. But the sun was so hot, you could work in a flannel shirt, assuming you weren't in the shade.
Jobsite was 10,800', and we got 212 inches of dry, powder snow. Had a heck of a time keeping our materials dug out of the snow.
Jim

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
14 below here early before sunrise, but hey, it's already warmed up to 13 above and sunshine. Doesn't seem like we get that many below zero temps here anymore. We used to have stretches years back with 30 and 40 below temps.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
55 degrees here on the East Coast. Come February, I think we're doomed! Snow!

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
At least in Mi no snow

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread