Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Finally got two days off so headed down to Chaffee County just lookin over the river north of Buena Vista this morning. They got a little more snow on the ground than they did last year at this time. Not a bad day, up in the 20's and lots of sunshine...until tonight and tomorrow.

Attachments

• 1-15bb.jpg
    1-15bb.jpg
    163.6 KB · Views: 103
  • 1-15cc.jpg
    1-15cc.jpg
    135.1 KB · Views: 108
  • 1-15ee.jpg
    1-15ee.jpg
    129.5 KB · Views: 117
  • 1-15ff.jpg
    1-15ff.jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 107
  • 1-15gg.jpg
    1-15gg.jpg
    149.5 KB · Views: 106
Last edited:

Johnnybravo300

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2016
South of Gunnison, Gold Basin
Detector(s) used
F2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Wow more snow than I would have guessed! Have you ever tested Trout Creek over near Johnson Village? There are placer claims along there but some open places too. I was thinking of making a day trip to check it out. That valley might be full of snow now.

OP
OP
RGINN

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They got hit pretty heavy down there last week Johnnybravo300, but there's only about 2 inches on the open ground right now. Roads are good and county roads are snow packed but no problem. I didn't go on down and cut across 285 over Trout Creek but expect it's about the same. We got more snow coming in tonight and through the weekend, and the Banana Belt may get some more out of that.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hopefully it was a quiet time of the year down there. That place has gotten pretty busy these days in the warmer months. If you look around in the pines and pinons you might might get lucky and spot ya a spotted owl. Seems winter was the only time I've seen them around there. They like to stay tucked away and hidden inside the branches. Then again maybe all the tourist coming around these days have caused them to find more remote areas? I always figured when the atv's and 4 wheelers went away for winter the owls had the valley once again for themselves.

Attachments

• spotted_owl_map_large.jpg
    spotted_owl_map_large.jpg
    162.1 KB · Views: 83
Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Beautiful photos! :occasion14:

RVRoamer73

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2016
Georgia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 Nox 800
Stealth 720i ,RTG 6"
Lesche GS 36
Predator Raptor
TRX pp
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice photos RGINN. The last pic down is my pick of the litter. Thanks for sharing.:thumbsup:

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I used to sit there and watch these guys and listen to the purest of sounds along that river. Next time I'm up there I'll zoom in on one of these American Dipper's. I think I see a couple on a rock in that last photo. Seems I would spot more of them in the winter amongst the rocks and rushing waters during those times of meditation.

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Robert, your pics are always very nice. May we ask what camera setup(s) you use? Lenses, filters, etc? TTC

OP
OP
RGINN

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Robert, your pics are always very nice. May we ask what camera setup(s) you use? Lenses, filters, etc? TTC
Nothin real fancy, TerryC. Canon Rebel XS, most usually with the 18-55mm lens and a UV filter. I also have a 70-300mm lens. I usually always shoot in Landscape mode. I have that Corel PSP program and pretty much just use the one-click photo fix feature. Sometimes I intentionally pay attention to composition but most usually just take the pic. I'm not a camera technical pro, but there are some on here who are and I've learned a few things from. Best advice I can give you is lighting is everything, and a tripod comes in handy sometimes. No need for a quick release, just use the camera's timer.

Last edited:
OP
OP
RGINN

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One more thing TerryC--where I live it's very hard to take a bad picture, cause most all the country here looks like somethin you'd see on a postcard!

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
One more thing TerryC--where I live it's very hard to take a bad picture, cause most all the country here looks like somethin you'd see on a postcard!
YOU GOT DAT RIGHT! TTC

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread