PeteyGirl and I.... our maiden voyage in the fifth-wheel!

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
On 1-5-19, PeteyGirl and I kicked off our maiden voyage RV run. We got the Hitchhiker ready.
IMG_0554.JPG

Before getting to Phoenix from Tucson, we had our first "hiccup".... a blown tire. We'll put a tube in it and re-use it!
IMG_0564.JPG IMG_0558.JPG

After staying the first night in Yarnell, AZ, we motored to Show Low. GO AWAY, SNOW!
20190107_155212.jpg

Show Low has the ONLY brick and mortar store dedicated to only selling Trump stuff! I thought Melania was … Taller!
20190107_133816.jpg 20190107_134450.jpg

Our next stop, Roswell, NM. PeteyGirl just asked, "Where's home?"
20190110_105412.jpg (Cannot keep them upright, sorry)

Then off to Deming, NM. We were dodging elk on the two-lane above Alamogordo (fat poplar tree).
What goes up, must come down.... a WICKED hill in Rockhound State Park!
IMG_0579.JPG

And back to Tucson. Sorry about the rotated pics..... even correcting would not display upright. In three days, it will be off to Quartzsite for a few... months! TTC

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great Shots Terry!:headbang:

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad nobody was hurt, might have to Retire that Tire! Safe travels Terry! Nice pics!

Kray Gelder

Gold Member
Feb 24, 2017
Georgetown, SC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Terry, I remember your pics of the Jeep and little camping trailer. A handy little go-anywhere rig. Now look at you. A one ton dually, and a behemoth 5th wheel trailer with all the amenities. Women. God bless 'em.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thank you for sharing Terry! :occasion14:

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Whites Bullseye 2 Pointer, Audio 200 D Headphones,
Garrett AT MAX, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT, MS-3 Headphones,
Lesche Digger, Lesche Shovel, 4' T Handle Probe.
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other
I hope you guys have a Great Time! Be Careful!

Keep the Pics Coming If You Have The Time!!

Kace

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LOL Nice ! I Like the Coffee Sign... Love Melania making Beauty Great Again !

that Trump Store Rocks :coffee2: Inner Tubes Too ? been an easy 25 Years since
I did the Innertubes inside my Tubeless Tires.
Wasn't absolutely sure innertubes existed yet except on special order.
That Tire Doesn't look like a Tire anymore Though.

When I Saw the Aliens, my first thought was the Little A'Le'Inn in Rachel.

HAVE FUN !

Keep the pics Coming

Last edited:

Grizz12

Dec 22, 2018
Alaska
Detector(s) used
Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What the heck happened to that tire?? I've never seen one blow like that? How many miles were on it?

I love that part of the Country, enjoy your trip!!

OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What the heck happened to that tire?? I've never seen one blow like that? How many miles were on it?

I love that part of the Country, enjoy your trip!!

High pressure tires do that often. I had a 1998 dually do that on the right front. Took out the fender well skirts. They often blow violently when filled to 100 psi or more. We replaced another that day (two of the best for a $705 bill!) and will replace the other two before we go. Can't fudge with tires. The aliens (sorry, UNDOCUMENTED TRAVELERS) were in front of an RV park east of town. We stayed at the Bottomless Lakes State Park for $18 dollars a night and looked for rocks for two days. I still have the little Bubble (Scamp) and Jeep but we prefer the luxury of PeteyGirl's fifth wheel for extended travels. I told the woman in the RV store to put clothes on those naked greenies! Tnx all. TTC

nomad 11

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2009
nomads land
Detector(s) used
any tector i can get my hands on
On 1-5-19, PeteyGirl and I kicked off our maiden voyage RV run. We got the Hitchhiker ready.
View attachment 1673073

Before getting to Phoenix from Tucson, we had our first "hiccup".... a blown tire. We'll put a tube in it and re-use it!
View attachment 1673075 View attachment 1673076

After staying the first night in Yarnell, AZ, we motored to Show Low. GO AWAY, SNOW!
View attachment 1673077

Show Low has the ONLY brick and mortar store dedicated to only selling Trump stuff! I thought Melania was … Taller!
View attachment 1673078 View attachment 1673079

Our next stop, Roswell, NM. PeteyGirl just asked, "Where's home?"
View attachment 1673080 (Cannot keep them upright, sorry)

Then off to Deming, NM. We were dodging elk on the two-lane above Alamogordo (fat poplar tree).
What goes up, must come down.... a WICKED hill in Rockhound State Park!
View attachment 1673081

And back to Tucson. Sorry about the rotated pics..... even correcting would not display upright. In three days, it will be off to Quartzsite for a few... months! TTC

psssssssst Terry maybe if you laid Melanias likeness on the floor she would look taller ?

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Pics do weird things sometimes...

20190107_134450.jpg

20190110_105412.jpg

IMG_0579-2.jpg

That's a heck of a deal having that tire blow like that.

Back when I was driving big trucks I had a flatbed load of hardwood, and
as I was just coming into Boise, Idaho I blew a drive tire.

It not only blew through the oak planking on the trailer deck, it embedded
pieces of tire into the hardwood load!

Watch your tire air pressures...tires running low get real hot, and then blow like that.

Last edited:

nomad 11

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2009
nomads land
Detector(s) used
any tector i can get my hands on
an after thought for ya terry. see thats why you had bad luck. you referred to it as your maiden voyage ? remember the Titanic ? carma huh huh huh ?

OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
an after thought for ya terry. see thats why you had bad luck. you referred to it as your maiden voyage ? remember the Titanic ? carma huh huh huh ?

I gotta think real hard on that one, Nomad! But it's done. I drove a big rig for about 6 years. I had a tire explode on the trailer, left side, at night. Steel belts threw sparks EVERYWHERE! I was a newbie and I thought I was going to DIE! Just a tire. On the same run, I thought I did a great job backing between two trucks to squeeze into a tight spot at a dock. I told my trainer I was good..... until he informed me I forgot to open the doors! I shut up after that. TTC

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread