Solving the morning rush hour in Tucson!

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This is the ULTIMATE solution to the traffic situation in Tucson.... or more correctly, down in Tucson. 7:30 this morning above Tucson. I love it!
DSC00245.JPG DSC00247.JPG

This balloon, and others, regularly grace the skies above Tucson. TTC

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I keep thinking about taking a ride on one of those someday. They float over my house all the time from spring to fall. Sometimes they're so low I can wave and say hello to the passengers and I can hear them when they say hello back.

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
I keep thinking about taking a ride on one of those someday. They float over my house all the time from spring to fall. Sometimes they're so low I can wave and say hello to the passengers and I can hear them when they say hello back.

Do Ollie and Bella give them a bark or two??:laughing7:

GopherDaGold

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2009
St. Charles County, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Teknetics Delta 4000, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I used to want a ride in one until the day my daughter ran into the house and yelled, 'there's a hot air balloon crashing into the hedgerow!'
Sure enough, the balloon with three passengers, the pilot and a guy who had just proposed to his girfriend, were bouncing off the tops of the trees and almost spilled them out of the gondola.
Several dozen neighbors ran out into the field to help the pilot hold the deflated balloon above the prickly brush that would have shredded his balloon once he finally got away from the treetops.
The girl was understandably shaken up. I wonder how long that marriage worked :laughing7:

I saw another balloon stop traffic and set down in an emergency landing right in front of me just off the road.
If I never get to ride in one I'll be okay with that.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do Ollie and Bella give them a bark or two??:laughing7:
Bella runs to the back door and frantically scratches at it to get in the house when they go over, as she scared to death of them. Ollie goes nuts and bark's at them. He actually thinks he running them off. As soon as he hears them blasting in the distance he's at the door to go out and make sure they don't hang around.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice photo! Are you "going-up"? :icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Lunch Bag

Dec 23, 2018
Coastal Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I used to spend a part of my winters in Wickenburg and drove through Yarnell countless times.

Loved visiting the Shrine and checking out the stores.

BB5D04CB-6E5C-4FA7-B301-F2A6B8A599D7.jpeg

Last edited:

OreElse

Jan 8, 2011
Yuma, AZ
Detector(s) used
Mxt, Gold Bug
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We get quite a few of those floating around Yuma at times. Never been in one but want to.

OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
We get quite a few of those floating around Yuma at times. Never been in one but want to.
I would like to try one. PeteyGirl and I are collecting rocks and gold around Quartzsite right now. We will be here for a couple of months. Watch for the posts! TTC

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread