tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It was really nice this morning and I took the dogs for a walk around a lake and along a local creek and boy did they become a muddy mess with the temps in the mid 50s. There's some wonderful scenes of nature to observe around this suburban area if you just keep your eye peeled. Sometimes it's watching you, as I noticed a distinct shape of two pointy ears peaking from behind a tree down in a ravine. I even saw a bald eagle soring above going in circles which was nice to see, but it was to far away to get a picture of it.

Attachments

• walk 020219 1.jpg
    walk 020219 1.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 70
  • walk 020219 2.jpg
    walk 020219 2.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 69
  • walk 020219 3.jpg
    walk 020219 3.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 96
  • walk 020219 4.jpg
    walk 020219 4.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 70
  • walk 020219 5.jpg
    walk 020219 5.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 75
  • walk 020219 6.jpg
    walk 020219 6.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 76

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice Pictures! :thumbsup:

It got up to almost 60 today here, but suppose to get up to a foot of snow by Tuesday. Hopefully we'll send some down your way since it is still officially Winter.

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice Pictures! :thumbsup:

It got up to almost 60 today here, but suppose to get up to a foot of snow by Tuesday. Hopefully we'll send some down your way since it is still officially Winter.
oh yeah, we ain't outta' the woods yet. We also hit a high of 60° this afternoon. I need to take a trip up your way, as I've been neglecting the prospect up there. I'm not selling much there and others are buying pretty frequently here and Nevada, so it's hardly worth the effort anymore driving up there. It's a day trip to Columbus for me going up, but this time of year it can get pretty ugly on that Wyoming I25 and I'm losing the courage I wants had venturing out on those notorious winter days and nights on the Windoming highways. Funny how age does that to ya.

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is no point in taking any chances on some of these roads here in Montana and Wyoming. Especially when there are some long stretches of road with miles of nothing but sagebrush. Might as well wait till Winter eases up. It is sometimes a curse how age catches up with you. Be Safe!

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thank you for sharing! :icon_thumleft:

Jim in Idaho

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2012
Blackfoot, Idaho
Detector(s) used
White's GM2, GM3, DFX, Coinmaster, TDI-SL, GM24K, Falcon MD20, old Garrett Masterhunter BFO
'Way Too Cool' dual 18 Watt UV light
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Yup...nothing but rain the last two days here. Frost went out of the ground in the pasture, but the driveways are still frozen, with water laying on top. Still a month of potential hard weather, though. I ain't callin' it "winter's over" yet.
Went to Seattle last week. Came back via Missoula. No snow on Snoqualmie. No snow, and no frost across WA until almost to Spokane. No snow in SW Montana. Finally had 4" on the ground on the Idaho side of Monida Pass, along with a sign that said "Welcome to Idaho"...LOL
Jim

Last edited:
OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yup...nothing but rain the last two days here. Frost went out of the ground in the pasture, but the driveways are still frozen, with water laying on top. Still a month of potential hard weather, though. I ain't callin' it "winter's over" yet.
Went to Seattle last week. Came back via Missoula. No snow on Snoqualmie. No snow, and no frost across WA until almost to Spokane. No snow in SW Montana. Finally had 4" on the ground on the Idaho side of Monida Pass, along with a sign that said "Welcome to Idaho"...LOL
Jim
That's kinda a round about trip to Seattle isn't it? Ive been over Monida pass once I believe. I know I went to SLC than up to Montana from there. Going up the lower part of Idaho is a trip I've rarely done. There was a time I was heading over to Wallace ID and I'd always drive I90

Jim in Idaho

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2012
Blackfoot, Idaho
Detector(s) used
White's GM2, GM3, DFX, Coinmaster, TDI-SL, GM24K, Falcon MD20, old Garrett Masterhunter BFO
'Way Too Cool' dual 18 Watt UV light
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Yeah...it's a little out of the way, Grant, but not much. We went over through Boise, and Lagrande, and drove along the Columbia to Hood River, and then crossed the river and drove to I-5, and then north. Didn't want to drive the same route all the time. It's only about an hour time difference going home through Spokane and Missoula instead of Boise. Gotta keep some variety in my life...LOL. I wish we'd driven up the Bitterroot Valley, and over Lost Trail to Salmon. I could have checked the snow conditions in Birch Creek.
Jim

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We got another inch of snow last night but it was 28 degrees at sunrise, which was pretty nice for a change. Speaking of a little out of the way, I70 was closed in Glenwood Canyon last night due to a rock slide. That leaves you with a 3 hour detour.

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We got another inch of snow last night but it was 28 degrees at sunrise, which was pretty nice for a change. Speaking of a little out of the way, I70 was closed in Glenwood Canyon last night due to a rock slide. That leaves you with a 3 hour detour.
And they'll be more, due to freeze wedging erosion and other natural forces. I worked for a blasting contractor during the construction of that modern marvel of highway construction. That place was buzzing with activity during that time and every day was an issue to overcome.

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My Dad was in road construction all his life and I worked in it too, and I was really just amazed at that stretch of highway through the canyon, cause it was hard to imagine how they put that all together.

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My Dad was in road construction all his life and I worked in it too, and I was really just amazed at that stretch of highway through the canyon, cause it was hard to imagine how they put that all together.
Any contractor that ran down a bush or knocked a tree down slated to stay got a stiff fine. It is a real beauty and because of the effort to not just cut everything down and get out of the way it looks as if that road has been there for 300 years with all the old growth protected during that undertaking. They even stained the fresh blasted rock to match the exposed natural rock. When I first moved to Leadville they were still driving the eastbound Johnson tunnel. One of the fellas I worked with left the mine to go and make 12.50 an hour at that job. He said I should leave and go up there, because it beat the 8.50 an hour we were making at the mine. I stayed at the mine, because it was a job that was supposed to last the rest of my working days. It didn't and we all got the axe in 83'. Now the I-70 corridor is again in need of a reengineering and a face lift. Don't know when that'll be, but who really knows what it was once like in the past. This generation of Coloradans, probably thinks it's always been a mess and their use to it. Gonna be like driving in LA here someday in the Rocky Mountains and I don't think any bigger wider road is ever gonna fix that. :( Well maybe a 16 lane tunnel 8 going east and 8 going west from Denver to Grand Junction might work. ??

Last edited:

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep, worse every year. Last weekend it got so bad emergency vehicles were having a hard time trying to get to calls. They can upgrade I-70, but our county roads still won't be up to handling that volume of traffic.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread