Jeepin' near Quartzsite

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Kray Gelder

Gold Member
Feb 24, 2017
Georgetown, SC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Beautiful country! The old 7-point turn. Done a few of those. I'd love to spend a day driving those roads. Thanks for sharing that.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Awesome adventure, thank you for sharing! :occasion14:

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I gotta get me a Jeep. When you were traveling all over the place pulling that little Casita camper behind the Jeep, what kind miles per gallon were you getting with that setup? I was thinking I might get me the same kinda thing. My dad took us all over the western states and up into Canada one year in a 1966 Chevy wagon pulling a maybe 20 ft Forester camper. The next year he bought a brand new 1970 Chevy wagon with a 300 HP 350 an we went back up to Saskatchewan where we came back down the previous year to Iowa and heading east across Canada and down the Eastern states and went west back to Iowa. I've gotta whole bunch of slides stored away of that trip I need to get out and look at again sometime.

trdking

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its a good thing Jeep windshield are flat cheap and easy to install, they are magnets for rocks. My two sons and I went to King of Hammers this past week. (Google King of Hammers) We all broke something last week. I tore the front axle acorn right off the pinion. I have to say, that is the first time I have ever bent a pinion shaft. These Jeeps are tough. I highly recommend a jeep to anyone looking for some go anywhere adventure. The wrangler unlimited (4 door) Is the one I recommend JKU between 2012 to 2017 The JKU 4 door prior to 2012 2007 - 2011 Have smaller engines and the extra weight of the stretch makes it a bit doggy on the highway. This 2 door of Terrys is great as well but you have a choice of carrying your gear or passengers and any passenger over the age of 40 suffers getting in and sitting in the back seat! Of course if you have the Budget the new model JL 2018 has some really great features and is an amazing highway ride

trdking

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IMG_1478.JPG IMG_0778.JPG one of my jeeps Sons is the darker green

OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I gotta get me a Jeep. When you were traveling all over the place pulling that little Casita camper behind the Jeep, what kind miles per gallon were you getting with that setup? I was thinking I might get me the same kinda thing. My dad took us all over the western states and up into Canada one year in a 1966 Chevy wagon pulling a maybe 20 ft Forester camper. The next year he bought a brand new 1970 Chevy wagon with a 300 HP 350 an we went back up to Saskatchewan where we came back down the previous year to Iowa and heading east across Canada and down the Eastern states and went west back to Iowa. I've gotta whole bunch of slides stored away of that trip I need to get out and look at again sometime.
At 1200 to 1500 pounds, the Scamp (not Casita) pulls like it isn't there! Really! I passed a car going uphill on 93, doing 105, while pulling the Scamp. THEN blew a tire in Texas that same trip so I saw the STUPIDITY of going that fast with a trailer. No harm done in TX but DON'T do it. I get between 15 and 17 miles to the gallon pulling the "Bubble". That's on the flats. BTW, did you know that Scamps and Casitas are made by the same family? A brother went off on his own and started building Casitas after the Scamps started up in MN. Just went to the Fiberglass RV Roundup in Quartzsite. Scamps and Casitas (and Escape 19's) by the dozens! Neat. I have taken the rear seat OUT and will haul gear, not people. No one in their right mind would want to get in and out of a two door Wrangler's back seat more than twice. TTC

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
At 1200 to 1500 pounds, the Scamp (not Casita) pulls like it isn't there! Really! I passed a car going uphill on 93, doing 105, while pulling the Scamp. THEN blew a tire in Texas that same trip so I saw the STUPIDITY of going that fast with a trailer. No harm done in TX but DON'T do it. I get between 15 and 17 miles to the gallon pulling the "Bubble". That's on the flats. BTW, did you know that Scamps and Casitas are made by the same family? A brother went off on his own and started building Casitas after the Scamps started up in MN. Just went to the Fiberglass RV Roundup in Quartzsite. Scamps and Casitas (and Escape 19's) by the dozens! Neat. I have taken the rear seat OUT and will haul gear, not people. No one in their right mind would want to get in and out of a two door Wrangler's back seat more than twice. TTC
Yeah, I like those little campers. That and an off-road, highway grocery getter vehicle seems would be a good setup to do a little exploring.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats the life right there

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread