Bald Eagles

VanGone

Bronze Member
Jul 28, 2007
Here's a couple shots I took last winter of some Eagles that hang around some open water doing a little fishing. They are such a neat bird. Its hard for me to get real quality pictures because my camera isn't to great.To me they are one of Mother Natures greatest creations. They have made a great come back from where they were at a few years ago. Thanks for taking a look.
Van

Attachments

• P2080047-Changed.jpg
    P2080047-Changed.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 281
  • P2080046-Changed.jpg
    P2080046-Changed.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 270

texan connection

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2006
Texas
Detector(s) used
Minlabe SE, ace 250, fisher 1280x
You kidding me that top pic is georgous What a bird and what a snap shot

jddave79

Aug 22, 2007
Northern,WV
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Euro Sabre, Garrett ACE250
The first shot is great.....the most majestic bird mother nature has given us hands down.

HH JD in WV

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love that first pic. Majestic bird, they're just awesome.

;) RR

RON (PA)

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2004
Pittsburgh, Pa
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre & Tiger Shark
Great pics. I agree with VPR, the first pic should be on a coin. The pics are awesome. Keep it up and thanks for sharing. Beautiful bird and to think that Benjamin Franklin wanted the turkey as our national bird.

Don in SJ

Silver Member
May 20, 2005
Detector(s) used
MINELAB SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

wesfrye53

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
Springfield, TN
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 202
Van...at first I thought the first pic was a very detailed painting...then after seeing the second shot I realized it was a photo. Fantastic shots!

Evolution

Gold Member
Aug 2, 2007
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX (with 4x6 shooter DD coil and 12" spider coil), Minelab Rocco 2700. (E-Trac)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those are two incredible high quality pictures. Your camera seems fine to me. I agree that the first shot should be on the back of a coin. Who would you contact (seriously) to submit that picture as a potential coin reverse or obverse picture. Maybe you'll be famous Van and you'll have your initials on a coin like the VDB lincoln penny in 1909.

OP
OP
V

VanGone

Bronze Member
Jul 28, 2007
Thanks everyone for your comments.When I shot those pictures it was about 10 degrees below zero. The wind was blowing and my hands were freezing. I don't see to great anymore and the Eagles move so fast I never know till I get home to see if I got a picture.Ive had people tell me before they thought I was messing with them and that it was a painting. These pictures are cropped from a larger image. As for using something like the first picture on a coin,that would be some honor for sure,but the whole thing is my little camera and Mother Nature would need to be the one doing the bows.
Van

COUNTRY GIRL

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2006
WESTERN MASS
VanGone said:
Thanks everyone for your comments.When I shot those pictures it was about 10 degrees below zero. The wind was blowing and my hands were freezing. I don't see to great anymore and the Eagles move so fast I never know till I get home to see if I got a picture.Ive had people tell me before they thought I was messing with them and that it was a painting. These pictures are cropped from a larger image. As for using something like the first picture on a coin,that would be some honor for sure,but the whole thing is my little camera and Mother Nature would need to be the one doing the bows.
Van

Van I respectfully have to disagree here, you should be the one to take the bow. The patience and the persistence to get a shot like that, bow my friend bow!

OP
OP
V

VanGone

Bronze Member
Jul 28, 2007
COUNTRY GIRL said:
VanGone said:
Van

Van I respectfully have to disagree here, you should be the one to take the bow. The patience and the persistence to get a shot like that, bow my friend bow!
Thank you for your kind remarks Country Girl
Van

narragansett

Jun 14, 2007
Rhode island
Detector(s) used
None yet
There are some pics in life you can never ever stop looking at. Those are just magnificent. Nothing represents the USA better!

OP
OP
V

VanGone

Bronze Member
Jul 28, 2007
narragansett said:
There are some pics in life you can never ever stop looking at. Those are just magnificent. Nothing represents the USA better!
Thank you Narragansett for your kind words,and yes nothing represents the USA better then the Bald Eagle!!
Van

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread