Fall in Colorado

TLH

Aug 13, 2005
The Aspen trees have changed color in the Colorado mountains where I live, so I thought I should take a couple of pictures. The first picture is my front yard, what looks like a jeep trail is actually my driveway . The second picture is a couple of old cabins near my house .

Attachments

• FRONT-YARD.jpg
    FRONT-YARD.jpg
    110 KB · Views: 213
  • OLD-CABINS.jpg
    OLD-CABINS.jpg
    126.3 KB · Views: 227

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 11 & White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great view, I got to see the colors in Wyoming
when I was a logger years ago.

Fossis.............

LadyDigger

Bronze Member
Jun 7, 2006
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Thanks for sharing. My sis moved to Colorado back in the early 80's and lived in Aurora and Denver for several years. About 6 yrs ago..she moved to Parker. Beautiful out there! They just moved from their 5 bedroom, full basement (wish we could have those here :() to a smaller home (3 bedrooms). They are down sizing...kids are grown. They use to live on Pebble Brook Lane (Road) in Parker. It was a new development when they first bought that house. My brother in law is in the construction business...so they got alot of awesome upgrades for little to no cost :).

She says she don't miss it....she said 5 bathrooms (a full bath was in the basement also) was too much to clean LOL.

I love Colorado...wish I could live there. Get nosebleeds and the altitude makes my heart palpulate like crazy....but had fun while I visited. Love the Rockies, Continential Divide, and even went into the Stanley Hotel there at Estes Park....

We don't get nice fall colors like that in Va Beach....have to drive atleast an hour or more for some really great foliage!

Thanks for sharing with us!!! Your spread looks totally awesome!!!
Annmarie

VanGone

Bronze Member
Jul 28, 2007
Beautiful country,must be nice to live in Gods Country. Thanks for posting I sure liked looking!
Van

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
alwayslookin said:
Is the sky really that blue? that is amazing contrast.

Dave

I was so amazed to see the stars at night when we were there. I was seeing a lot more of them and they were brighter as well. We were up NW of Golden.

OP
OP
T

TLH

Aug 13, 2005
Thanks to everyone for your kind words its always good to hear from all of you. Alwayslookin , on a clear day with low humidly the sky is really that blue and if I didn’t have a UV filter on the camera It would look even bluer than that. Annmarie I know what you mean about your heart, I live at about nine thousand feet and my Mother cant come visit me cause her heart acts up. CarolinaDigs unfortunately there are cabins like that all over the Colorado mountains, slowly turning to dust, but it takes a lot of money to stabilize something like that and the money or the desire is simply not there. The good news is that in our low humidity environment wood rots very very slowly so after the snow collapses the roof the rest of the structure stays around a long time.

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Simply beautiful. Thanks for sharing with us.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread