Flagstaff, AZ
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sidewinder Umax, Garrett ATPro, Minelab Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
inscription point 009.jpg

Inscription Point, Northeast of Flagstaff, AZ

inscription point 010.jpg
Click to enlarge images. Click 3 times to really zoom in.
inscription point 005.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
CoinHunterAZ

CoinHunterAZ

Feb 18, 2013
Flagstaff, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's some more
inscription point 016.jpg
inscription point 011.jpg
It's said that there is more Petroglyphs at this site than other within a 250 mile radius. Unfortunately there has been some vandalism as shown in the "light" fresh marks on the bottom photo.

Last edited:

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Absolutely fantastic! Great pics. Thanks!
We have all been here before (think Crosby, Stills and Nash).

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The is a site in NM (I have only traveled past it) that boasts over 64,000 glyphs. It is said to be a mile long. TTC

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
some freaky creatures :coffee2:

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've seen the slithering snake in Colorado, Utah Nevada, Arizona and New Mexico. I sometimes wonder if that isn't just a warning sign? I know the places I've seen them are in rattle snake terrain. The natives surly knew what happens when you got bit by one. I step quietly, look and listen when I'm walking around sites with slither snake depictions.

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've seen the slithering snake in Colorado, Utah Nevada, Arizona and New Mexico. I sometimes wonder if that isn't just a warning sign? I know the places I've seen them are in rattle snake terrain. The natives surly knew what happens when you got bit by one. I step quietly, look and listen when I'm walking around sites with slither snake depictions.
Ha ha! The places you must use caution MUST include those areas that have NO warning signage! TTC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It is possible those wiggly lines are not snakes but WATER, something a traveler would certainly want to know and the locals may wish to advertise. TTC

OP
OP
CoinHunterAZ

CoinHunterAZ

Feb 18, 2013
Flagstaff, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A hunting scene. Looks like they're after some Turkeys.

inscription point 014.jpg

Bad Puppy

Feb 23, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
and in the Cookes Range , New Mexico , this Panel .

around the edge of the Boulder it's on , are some glyphs like yours .

That enclosed cross with equilateral Arms is all over these Alien Glyphs across the South West U.S.

I do believe it's a Persons strike Mark

and ,,,

well ,,,

He's what we may refer to as an Alien . that's one way to think of Him .

Chato Site 2 Sword 2 gold bars.JPG

Bad Puppy

Feb 23, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Due to the county leaders I live in, who believe they alone are the ones who understand what the citizens don't understand about rules, warnings and instructions, they've come up with some petroglyphs for us dummies to get the messages they feel we must know and follow.

If you rotate that sign 180 , and stare at the white instead of the Black within the Circle ,,

it looks like what I dream when I fall asleep while Drunk .

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Awesome photos, thank you for sharing! :occasion14:

OP
OP
CoinHunterAZ

CoinHunterAZ

Feb 18, 2013
Flagstaff, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks everyone for the replies. It's a really cool spot, and I have a lot more photos of it. There are even some "R" rated petroglyphs there, believe it or not. I didn't think posting those here would be appropriate. There is a TON of beautiful wind/sand polished rocks in the area, as well as a bunch of petrified wood too. The spot is pretty hard to get to (high clearance 4x4 only), but well worth the trek.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
How did they get up there to do that?

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
PeteyGirl and I are always looking to discover (re-discover) petroglyphs lost to history. Considering the amount of known glyphs in the SW, we have a pretty good chance! We have been building the "gear bag" to spend a week or two on the desert. TTC

OP
OP
CoinHunterAZ

CoinHunterAZ

Feb 18, 2013
Flagstaff, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It makes for a good weekend getaway, make sure you have a spare tire or two.

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It makes for a good weekend getaway, make sure you have a spare tire or two.
I've been shown TWO sites by a person in the Yarnell area. The sites are on his ranch. I posted pics here of one of the sites. I am sworn to secrecy as to the exact location(s). I very much want to find a site on my own. TTC

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those are most likely well documented.
A friend of mine and myself went out to this one cite where we took pictures and made notes as to their locations. If I remember right we found over 40 separate images at different locations in the immediate area. (Of Note; they would first smooth out the area that they were going to apply their painted subject.) They were all the painted on hard sandstone. We believe they were done by the Early Shoshone that lived this far north before they were forced south by the Arapahoe and the Crow tribes.

OP
OP
CoinHunterAZ

CoinHunterAZ

Feb 18, 2013
Flagstaff, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found some on my own a few times, although someone has probably seen them before me! Here's those ones, found in the canyon shown below. This spot is probably close to 100 miles away from the other site. Again click to enlarge and zoom.

art 002.jpg

art 001.jpg

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread