tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last Monday I took off on what would be a normal two day trip, but due to what the weather folks were say I thought I better wrap up as much as I can and get my tail on home. I started the week on Monday morn with a walk of the dogs along the creek and saw daffodils coming up. On Tuesday morning I got going early out of Montrose, Colo. and headed to Ouray, Colo and the snow was pouring out of the sky there. From there I went over to LaSal Utah and saw heavy rain, heavy fog, heavy wet snow and a very wet Eagle along the way to see a Uranium mine that just got back in operation, due to a by-product of vanadium they also recover as the price of that element is going up because the re-bar that the Chinese sell here in the USA has now stricter requirements to meet and to better improve the quality of the re-bar the Chinese sell to the US, more vanadium is needed in the alloy in order to build stronger re-bar. From LaSal, Utah I headed up Hwy 89 through Moab, which was pretty dang busy for this time of year, plus the weather there was very nice and not so cold under an overcast sky. My next stop was stop was Price Utah where I picked up some hydraulic timber jacks to deliver to an old mine in Heber City, Utah. The old mine has crystal clear ground water pouring out the portal and goes straight into a water treatment plant as it's the city supply for there in Heber City and Park City Utah. The guys I deal with there work constantly in keeping the old mine from caving in, so folks of the area have a supply of fresh water. After Heber City it was 5:25 PM and I began a B-Line east on I80 and all the way to Laramie, Wyoming and down I25 back to the Colorado front range and pulled into my driveway at 1:15 AM this morning. I beat the big blizzard they forecasted to hit today. I took the last picture just as it began and the weather people on TV have named this one THE BEAST. Everything was pretty much shut down here in Denver today with all flights cancelled and no one going to school. These last 24 hours for me has been a blur with the many miles I drove in it all.

Attachments

• trip 031319 1.jpg
    trip 031319 1.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 63
  • trip 031319 2.jpg
    trip 031319 2.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 56
  • trip 031319 3.jpg
    trip 031319 3.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 51
  • trip 031319 4.jpg
    trip 031319 4.jpg
    684.6 KB · Views: 53
  • trip 031319 5.jpg
    trip 031319 5.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 49
  • trip 031319 6.jpg
    trip 031319 6.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 55
  • trip 031319 7.jpg
    trip 031319 7.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 40
  • trip 031319 8.jpg
    trip 031319 8.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 43

Darke

Aug 16, 2018
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wish I could get a shot of an eagle. They seem to know when I have my camera with me. If i have it they're nowhere around. If I don't they perch beside me lol.

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just before I took this picture of that eagle, it hunched over and opened it's beak wide and hacked something out of it's mouth. I wished I'd a got a shot of that. It was probably discharging something un-digestible like the fur of something it ate? What ever it was look like a slimy hairball.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice post, thank you for sharing! :icon_thumleft:

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just before I took this picture of that eagle, it hunched over and opened it's beak wide and hacked something out of it's mouth. I wished I'd a got a shot of that. It was probably discharging something un-digestible like the fur of something it ate? What ever it was look like a slimy hairball.
Not sure if they do it as regular as owls. But owls hok up pellets that are solid fur bones & teeth. When I lived in Cali I had a regular route where I'd pick up the pellets, then sell them to a high school science teacher. Bet you you never thought there was a market for owl vomit did you?

BTW excellent pics!!

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not sure if they do it as regular as owls. But owls hok up pellets that are solid fur bones & teeth. When I lived in Cali I had a regular route where I'd pick up the pellets, then sell them to a high school science teacher. Bet you you never thought there was a market for owl vomit did you?

BTW excellent pics!!
that's interesting. you might even have a market online for that stuff.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread