Faces Carved in Stone

CoinHunterAZ

Feb 18, 2013
Flagstaff, AZ
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sidewinder Umax, Garrett ATPro, Minelab Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is an old rock quarry north of Meteor Crater off I-40 east of Flagstaff. It's right along the modern day tracks. The stone was used to build the very early Atlantic & Pacific Railroad bridges and abutments. This was before the Atchison and Topeka/Santa Fe Railroad came through. There are some interesting stone carvings at the quarry, I presume done by the quarry workers. Note the date on the one carving!

face1.jpg
face2.jpg
face3.jpg

OP
OP
CoinHunterAZ

CoinHunterAZ

Feb 18, 2013
Flagstaff, AZ
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sidewinder Umax, Garrett ATPro, Minelab Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is some geocaches in the area. One is at the quarry, one is at one of the old Atlantic & Pacific bridges that was was bypassed by the more modern set of rails. That is what led me to the area. It's kind of in the middle of nowhere.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was waiting at a crossroad on some of the guys I work with some time ago north of there in Utah close to the town of Tacaboo and noticed this etched in the red rock sandstone. It also had the star points of the big dipper pecked into the rock and what look like another constellation. I'm not sure which came first, as it did look like this Very Stewart possibly made his mark over the images of star formations.

Attachments

• vert stewart.jpg
    vert stewart.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 79
Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thank you for sharing! :icon_thumleft:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread