Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Attachments

• bees.jpg
    bees.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 291

lumbercamp

Jun 22, 2006
I'm a beekeeper and I would have no use for bees like that. Those nasty suckers don't make honey.

SC_hunter

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i,Whites XLT,Ace 250 and BH Tracker IV and Others.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't think that is a "beehive"...lol A big big "Hornet" nest...Run Forrest Run..and thats all I'm gonna say about that..lol

Attachments

• hornet.jpg
    hornet.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 258

bearbqd

Bronze Member
Jun 20, 2007
Shenandoah Valley
Detector(s) used
Minelab EXP II w/ Sunray X-1 probe, Garrett AT Pro/Propointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's crazy big. You know what's cool? If you ever find a young nest that is still being built, if you lay out a bunch of comic page colored newspaper, I've been told they will use it to make their nest and with their "saliva" you will end up with a tiedie looking psychedelic nest. Anyone ever try this?

kieser sousa/rip

Bronze Member
Dec 3, 2006
upstate N.Y.
Detector(s) used
Fisher cz-20/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Funny you should mention bees,I sat down at the pc a couple of days ago.I was sittin drinkin my coffee when all of a sudden there were several bees buzzin around my head ! I tryed to catch em and take em outside but I'd take one out come back and there were several more ! Finally put up a sticky strip and ended up catchin about 100 of the little bass...guys.Yesterday they were mostly gone and i was sittin here when somthin was crawling on my foot and without thinking i brushed it off and the little bass...guy stung me on the palm !

wesfrye53

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
Springfield, TN
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 202
Ain't no way I'm gonna even consider taking a nest of hornets and laying it on funny pages....had a lifetime share of stings already :o

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't look like bees to me. I'm not in a good mood after getting stung 3 times Thurs evening...I believe what got me this time was yellow jackets. Dadburnit!! >:(

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
SCHUNTER is right, those are hornets! :o nasty buggers. be careful around them.

OP
OP
packerbacker

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I knew they were hornets. I just call honey bees, wasps, hornets, yellow jackets and the like all "Bees". I guess I'm technically wrong in doing so but I'm too old to change. I'm glad I'm not dealing with them though. I'm back in California and they're still in Iowa. ;D The guy that owns the house wants to collect the nest intact. I think he's nuts!

wesfrye53

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
Springfield, TN
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 202
Hey packer, I know why he wants the nest intact. Those "paper" nests are a hot collector's item now and bring some tidy sums. I'm sure he wants to make a little moolah!

CarolinaDigs

Silver Member
Apr 4, 2007
North Carolina
wesfrye53 said:
Hey packer, I know why he wants the nest intact. Those "paper" nests are a hot collector's item now and bring some tidy sums. I'm sure he wants to make a little moolah!

Yes Wes you are right !! I owned one years ago and sold it in my mothers antique shop :) Wish I still had it :'(

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread