K1600_RSCN4023.JPG

GOD Bless

Chris

Icewing

Silver Member
Jan 5, 2016
NW Arkanslaw
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 900 / Garrett PropointerAT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice pic, but it's kind of bittersweet too. The intolerable cold is finally ending but the weeds and brush are starting to grow, I've already seen 3 snakes and picked off 2 ticks.

OP
OP
worldtalker

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice pic, but it's kind of bittersweet too. The intolerable cold is finally ending but the weeds and brush are starting to grow, I've already seen 3 snakes and picked off 2 ticks.

They will start showing themselves soon enough here.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They don't leave here during winter anymore. 25 years ago there'd be no robins after late fall, but now they stay all through the winter. Just out my sliding door I can watch them gobble up all the dried berries still hanging on the virginia creeper vine. Now they're all singing early in the morning, before the sun comes up. I'd say about 4AM they start calling out to each other from all around me. Maybe they're learning something from the starling's?

Attachments

• IMG_20161207_110224.jpg
    IMG_20161207_110224.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 48
Last edited:
OP
OP
worldtalker

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
They don't leave here during winter anymore. 25 years ago there'd be no robins after late fall, but now they stay all through the winter. Just out my sliding door I can watch them gobble up all the dried berries still hanging on the virginia creeper vine. Now they're all singing early in the morning, before the sun comes up. I'd say about 4AM they start calling out to each other from all around me. Maybe they're learning something from the starling's?

Two winters ago one was here all winter.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread